MA Porsche Dealer - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 70 Posts
Default MA Porsche Dealer - opinions?

I live in MA and am located between 2 Porsche dealers. I'm about 15 minutes from Clair Porsche in West Roxbury and about 35 minutes from Rietzl Porsche in Norwell, MA.

If there's no compelling reason to do otherwise, I'll probably buy from Clair, assuming the pricing is right.

Has anyone had any experience they'd like to pass on regarding these 2 dealers?

Thanks,
Charlie
Old 10-30-2003, 06:38 PM
stratpa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not have experience with them but just so that you know there is also Chambers on Comm ave. in Brighton
Old 10-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by stratpa
Do not have experience with them but just so that you know there is also Chambers on Comm ave. in Brighton
Just curious, is that at the same location as the dealership "Libon Porsche" which was on Comm. Ave years ago?

Charlie
Old 10-30-2003, 06:50 PM
stratpa
Intermediate

Don't believe so. This is up Comm ave. right past the Brighton Ave. "Bend"on the left hand side after you leave the BU campus. They have the BMW and Porsche dealership there. That is where I go because it is very convenient for Back Bay and the Service Manager (Justin) is a pretty descent guy...and no, I do not have any commercial interest in this :-)
Old 10-30-2003, 06:51 PM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Haven't been to Clair for service but I drive up from the Cape to go to Rietzl. Alex Murphy is one of their techs and he's pretty darn good. He goes to PCA DEs so he understands what you may be trying to do with your car. He DEs his own car, too!

Heck the guys at the BMW place (BMW Gallery) around the corner told me he was the guy to have work on the car!

That's my only input about those two. Ira Porsche also supports PCA type stuff. They are north of town.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Photon
Addict
Rennlist Member

I only have experience with Clair. I have purchased 2 Pcars from them and am totally satisfied. Service makes the expereince and Clair does it right.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:43 AM
BostonMarkC
Racer

Clair has been great to me. I have bought 2 Porsches, 2 Audis, and a Jeep from them in the past. I also had all the cars serviced there. The Porsche service manager is great!

I can't recommend Chambers due to their price gouging ways, for both sales and service. They are good, but way overpriced. They quote 350 dollars more than Clair for the C4S 15K service, for instance.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:30 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I've used IRA in Danvers, but it's a long drive from the Cape. I now use Reitzl and have an excellent relationship with them. One of their mechanics lives on the Cape and when I need service he drives his car to my house and takes my Cab up to Reitzl (40 miles). The owner is Wolfgang Reitzl, an old Porsche racer and mechanic in the 50s and 60s. In last months Excellence Magazine their was an article about a friend of mine..Lake Underwood, a great Porsche racer. Well he and Wolfgang did a lot together. Anyway, it's nice to have sort of a personal relationship with the folks you're doing business with. You should give Reitzl a shot...Exit 14 on Rte 3 south.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all feedback. It looks like I'll make out fine with either of these dealerships.

Charlie
Old 10-31-2003, 11:40 AM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

FWIW, I have had good experiences with the service department ar IRA in Danvers. Volume is important for car allocation, and to be honest, I don't know who of the ones mentioned does the most volume. Once you get the car you want though, service is all that matters.

BTW, I did not buy my car from IRA, because they could not get it fast enough. I bought it in Cherry Hill NJ. Still, no problems encountered with service at IRA, in fact they did some things that came as a very nice surprise to me service wise.

best of luck
Old 10-31-2003, 11:41 AM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Gretch
FWIW, I have had good experiences with the service department at IRA in Danvers. Volume is important for car allocation, and to be honest, I don't know who of the ones mentioned does the most volume. Once you get the car you want though, service is all that matters.

BTW, I did not buy my car from IRA, because they could not get it fast enough. I bought it in Cherry Hill NJ. Still, no problems encountered with service at IRA, in fact they did some things that came as a very nice surprise to me, service wise.

best of luck
Old 10-31-2003, 02:32 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I've heard good things about Ira, but I'm biased a bit. I hope I'm not too far away.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:38 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The dealer that makes you the best deal should get the check, it's that simple!
Old 10-31-2003, 03:39 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Unless you plan on going back to that same dealer for service.....then you should check out the dealer's service rep.

I once bought a performance car from the dealer who gave me the best price, and the service was quite bad going forward from there. I had to go to a different dealer for service.

Just a thought...........
Old 10-31-2003, 04:12 PM
bpr
Intermediate

Clair has been great for service. I bought my car out of state, but I've had only positive experiences dealing with Clair for warranty-related matters.

As for Ira, well, I gave up on them. I had terrible experiences with their service dept. when I had an Audi TT, as did my husband (A4 then S4). When I tried to do business with them once I was ready to buy a Porsche, they didn't seem very interested in working hard for my business.

Quick Reply: MA Porsche Dealer - opinions?