996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What would your 30k build look like??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 06:16 PM
mrjonger
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Catastrophic stuff aside, I'm not sure you want to daily a 12 - 16 year old car. I'm fixing stuff on a monthly basis and living with others until I find some time. Anytime you're buying a car this old, I think you should expect to roll up your sleeves a fair bit, otherwise it'll be in the shop more than the street.

If you do decide to daily a 996 for your money, I'd totally go roller/high mileage + Raby engine. IMS, cylinder scoring, intermix, water pump, chain guides, AOS...eesh, just getting heartburn thinking about my commute home. Raby engine would address a lot of those things. I think $35K could get you a c4 roller + raby engine + suspension.

If it were me...I'd move onto a different manufacturer if I already had a P-car (especially with your 997 - nice car!) I saw a Ferrari 348 go for $38.5 on BAT the other day. E60M5 V10 is definitely on the bucket list. I was always annoyed with myself by not getting an Integra Type R or FD3 RX7 when I had the chance. Plenty of different experiences out there...

Either way, I'm jealous of your situation...nice problem to have. Good luck!

Edit: IF you're getting into multiple cars, I honestly don't believe you need a daily. Driving the damn thing is part of maintenance! I've got 4 vehicles, I have no "daily" driver...I try to drive/ride each of them at least once a week.

Quick Reply: What would your 30k build look like??