Sponsored by:

Door handle loose & window sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 11:28 PM
xku6
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door handle loose & window sensor

As I went to get out of my daily driver 996 C2 this evening, I heard a sickening bang. I'd pulled the door lever to open the door and it had loosened in my hand. Something had broken.

First thought was that the door latch itself had broken, but no - I was able to open the door, close the door, and pull the latch again to open the door. But the latch was extremely loose. I played with this for a minute or two and learnt that the window - which automatically lowers a fraction when you open the door - is triggered through the door handle. The first few millimeters of movement triggers the window, before the door catch is actually released.

So I now have a semi-broken door handle. The door mechanism itself is working, but the looseness of the handle causes the window-lowering mechanism to fire and the internal cabin light to come on.

Question is, has anyone any experience with the door mechanism and where this might have broken? Alternatively any how-to on getting the door trim off so I can inspect myself? Thanks!
Old 09-14-2016, 09:03 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 758 Posts

Hopefully it is as simple as the Bowden cable is stretched - see here http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...section=804-00

You will have to pull the door panel to check

Quick Reply: Door handle loose & window sensor