Took the plunge and the water is warm...1st Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 11:58 AM
LDMF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaetee
Contrats. I'm new to the club, too...

If it's not asking too much, can I get you to post a photo of the headlight covers you mentioned? Curious which ones they are and how they look on the front of your car.

I'm torn between installing covers to make the H/L's look more rounded vs. leaving stock.

Truth told, the Amoeba/fried egg lights are starting to grow on me... Hence the reason I'm on the fence.

Truth be told I had to wash the car before I would upload pics. That's why it had to wait till today.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:50 PM
Water Hound
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a beautiful car with some really tasty upgrades. Personally not a fan of the headlight covers but that's minor. Drive it like you stole it and keep on smiling. My '04 C2 cab is also midnight blue metallic but with Savannah beige interior.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:17 AM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LDMF

Truth be told I had to wash the car before I would upload pics. That's why it had to wait till today.

Thanks! Gorgeous car. Those covers look nicely color matched and mounted. A nice departure from the normal headlight look, I can see why you're torn on what to do.

Mine is black and does not have H/L washers, so would only be two openings.... I was ready to abort the idea, but your car has me wondering "what if" and "why not?" LOL! Thanks again...
Old 08-16-2016, 12:42 PM
LDMF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonyr313
Looks great! Very similar to my lapis blue cab with grey interior. I am pretty intrigued by your interior as it seems the dash and steering wheel are blue and seats grey? I've not seen any two tone interiors.

Apparently, it is a TechArt interior, the ALU line. The grey/silver accents on the dash, console, trim and the seats are aftermarket. Although the seats have the Porsche logo and not the TechArt logo, so hmmmm.

Thanks to Alpine003 for sending me the link to the PDF for this.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:11 PM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like those headlight covers! I'd leave them on. Some nice upgrades, the 3 spoke steering wheel and gear shift, plus the Techart stuff. Makes it standout without being rice.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new car!! It's beautiful. Your mechanic is right -- enjoy every minute of it! Headlight covers are a personal preference. I don't love them but others do and they're not offensive. Keep them if you like them, remove them if you don't or just want a change. Most importantly, keep driving!

-Eric

Quick Reply: Took the plunge and the water is warm...1st Porsche