Sponsored by:

Strange tiptronic behaviour

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Stebuga
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange tiptronic behaviour

Hello, some days ago a technic worked on my car (996 MK1 cabrio carrera 2 1999) to install a new antitheft system. Doing so, he disconnected the battery for some time. Since the following days, I have the following problem with my tiptronic on D: if I drive very smooth, all the gears correctly works and I am in fifth gear at 70kmh. BUT...if I drive a little aggressive, fifth gear is a mirage :-(...I have reached 150kmh in 4th gear but the tiptronic doesn't change! MORE: if I drive even harder, I reach 110kmh in third gear and the car remains in third! Obviously, if I shift in manual using tiptronic buttons on steering wheel, I have no problems. I tried to disconnect and reconnect the battery again but nothing changed. Any suggestion? This is really frustating :-(. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Silk
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Does the tiptronic has a learning curve, after reset?

Maybe it stays longer in one of the sportive shift mode. Hence it will not shift to a higher gear unless you go in higher rpms. Drive it a while and see if it changes over time.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Stebuga
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok the learning curve but, if I reach 150 kmh in 4th gear and I hold the same speed for nearly 2 minutes, the tiptronic should understand I want to push no more...
Furthermore, I changed battery one year ago with a new one, but I didn't experience any problems.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:46 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 342 Posts

Driving it more aggressively should stretch out the shifts but won't eliminate 5th gear. Something isn't right.

Quick Reply: Strange tiptronic behaviour