Sponsored by:

Yet another "help me choose suspension" thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 01:39 PM
ryanjboutin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ejdoherty911
I just updated my suspension thread check it out for my opinion on reasonably priced H&R coilovers. I'm very happy with the result. Ride height is adjustable. You only replaced your springs the first time around which was probably a mistake, you probably needed shocks too. Anyway, I did coilovers, lower control arms, sway bars, drop links = transformed driving experience.
Link?
Old 08-07-2016, 09:04 PM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanjboutin
Link?
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...new-seats.html
Old 08-07-2016, 09:43 PM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ejdoherty911
I just updated my suspension thread check it out for my opinion on reasonably priced H&R coilovers. I'm very happy with the result. Ride height is adjustable. You only replaced your springs the first time around which was probably a mistake, you probably needed shocks too. Anyway, I did coilovers, lower control arms, sway bars, drop links = transformed driving experience.
Not me, previous owner ... But yes, clearly a mistake. I'd kinda priced this in when buying the car. Your thread is extremely helpful, though - thanks for sharing your experiences.

Haven't 100% decided what I'm going to do yet but there is a plan forming ... It currently involves a set of Liftbars that will be arriving next week, a bunch of exhaust parts from Design911 in the UK, and as-yet-unspecified suspension componentry. Plus a whole bunch of other "while I'm there" work but that's a separate thread of its own. Basically I'll stick the car in the air for a few weeks or however long it takes, and get everything done all at once.

That's the plan, anyway. Right now I'm on vacation in the middle of Utah with patchy cellphone signal and intermittent wifi, so all this can wait until I get back

Quick Reply: Yet another "help me choose suspension" thread