Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OEM hose clamp rubbing against coolant hard line (photos)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 03:29 PM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 204 Likes on 120 Posts

I was reading another thread on here a while ago where a MY99 owner (or 98?) had clearance issues with coolant lines he replaced and it turned out Porsche changed some of the hardlines and hoses. You will run into clearance issues if you had mix-matched some of the revised lines with the old design lines. Slim chance but I thought it would be worth mentioning.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:24 PM
rolex11
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 5CHN3LL
Yeah, I saw that the hole was caused by the poorly oriented clamp, but I wasn't able to see if there was still contact between the band and the coolant pipe. In your "after" photo, the flash shadow made it difficult (at least for me) to see if there was a gap or not.

Keep us posted on how long the repair holds - hopefully forever...
There is about 1/4 inch of clearance just can't see from the angle. Actually they could be touching and that wouldn't matter since one is rubber and the other is metal, it's just the metal tab that matters. I suppose if they were bucked up against tightly then the band of the clamp would be an issue.
Any how they are apart.

Here is a picture from another angle, yo can actually see both tab. This is also after I twisted the clamp so the one tab isn't hitting the metal hose.
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2016, 04:32 PM
rolex11
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Photo rotated for some reason, the top is where the expansion tank is.

Forgot to mention, drove 30 some miles with burp vale open after topping off about a 1/2 inch of coolant. Level remained topped off and the patch is holding fine. Given it was just a pin ***** size hole, I'm callin' this DONE.

Will update if fails.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: OEM hose clamp rubbing against coolant hard line (photos)