996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Front respray pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:12 AM
Randyg308
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

No matter were you live,good work just costs more,when it comes to paint thats really true, the labor and prep takes time and the longer that takes the more money it will be,thats just how it is.there are some shops that turn cars over very fast,those places are generally interested in volumes of work and not so much in doing it the right way,witch involves generally more labor and prep and that amounts to time etc.here in the new york and long island areas ive gone to places with my car,and they wont get involved with exotics and or porsche cars,they no us owners are generally into are cars in a special way and its not worth it to them if they do some mediocre job( witch is there specialty) and youre not satisfied ,it becomes a pain in the butt as they dont want to get married to any job.go to a shop look around see the type of cars they are working on,keep in mind alot of people dont care about their cars even if they are expensive vehicles,(leased etc) but at least the body shop is attracting that kind of customer,when it comes to certain materials that require painting its even more important that the prep is correct,i.e polyurethane and some plastics witch OEM aerokit parts are made from,those parts require heating prior to painting for proper adhesion,flex additives, etc.etc i could go on and on ,bottom line you generally get what you pay for in the body shop/paint world,so ask around talk to other porsche maniacs! somebody should no the guy who charges more but does it right the first time,as far as cost and what people on rennlist think is either cheap or expensive is relative to where they live more or less,for instance i live in new york city witch as you know is generally more expensive than for instance oklahoma,that doesnt mean you cant get the same quality work done, just less choices,bumpers are especially important to be painted right,you will realize what kind of quality work was done,when you damage the bumper for the first time,the paint will crack or spider web,and if you use a paint film for protection,when you replace that film theres a good chance the paint will lift,all signs of bad prep.

Quick Reply: Front respray pictures