Sponsored by:

Users manual in PDF

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 07:45 AM
Mikla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Users manual in PDF

I am about to buy a 01 Carrera 4 and I'd like to have the users manual. Does someone have one in PDF format?

Thanks
Old 10-19-2003, 12:21 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I believe Suncoast Porsche www.suncoastporsche.com had the 01 manuals on PDF file. I checked and they currently have only MY 03, but if you contact them they may still have MY01 in their files.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by DonW-Cape Cod
I believe Suncoast Porsche www.suncoastporsche.com had the 01 manuals on PDF file. I checked and they currently have only MY 03, but if you contact them they may still have MY01 in their files.
Porsche only started supplying owner's manuals in PDF format to its dealers as of MY '03.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:53 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Oh!
Old 10-20-2003, 05:45 AM
Mikla
Advanced

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:52 AM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

milka,
if you need an owners man'l, you can buy them at:
http://www.my-porsche.com/technical/tech3.htm
for about $25. That's where I got mine, as the car didn't have one when I bought it...
Old 10-20-2003, 03:11 PM
Gery NJ
Racer

Edit: A Reminder About Copyrighted Materials - Please Read...
Old 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Wait a minute...I know John D. is very sensitive about copyright material...but isn't it ok to provide a link to that site if it is in the public domain. I'm not saying you have to copy it within the post....just the link. I can't believe that is illegal. So is it illegal to refer milka to Suncoast Porsche.com or my-porsche.com Maybe I'm missing something...again????
Old 10-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by DonW-Cape Cod
Wait a minute...I know John D. is very sensitive about copyright material...but isn't it ok to provide a link to that site if it is in the public domain. I'm not saying you have to copy it within the post....just the link. I can't believe that is illegal. So is it illegal to refer milka to Suncoast Porsche.com or my-porsche.com Maybe I'm missing something...again????
The link provided was to eBay where someone is selling illegal copies on the manuals.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:31 PM
Gery NJ
Racer

I may/may not apologize for posting a link. I is/was not aware that it was/is illegal. It's not up to me decide. I have no affiliation to that person and clearly stated so.
As far as we know, we have a person in need of a unser manual, and I am not exactly sure that selling a manual is a profit center for Porsche. Even if that is a case, we are talking about user manuals, which are distributed with the car.
What is next? We can not discuss which screw to turn, because Porsche may place copyright into a user manual?

I am not offended, just trying to make sense of this
Old 10-20-2003, 08:54 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Illegal copies - including illegal PDF manuals - are not welcome here - nor in the Rennlist Classifieds, nor the Rennlist e-mail lists - nor posting links to non-authorized copies. That has been my policy for years. Read the TOS, read the Charter, or any other places on Rennlist where it simply states:

"... is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights or laws...

If you have permission for use from Porsche AG - great - post them up. If you do NOT have permission on their copyright - do NOT post them.

What - exactly - is so difficult to understand?

End of that discussion. If you’d like to complain about this policy – feel free to e-mail me at admin@rennlist.com - but know beforehand, I don’t have a long attention span on pirated/non-authorized material that has a current copyright, but you can try your luck with me.

Quick Reply: Users manual in PDF