Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Tonger
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pcasanova
Did not know greyhound offered this.

Was looking into Roadie.
I would avoid Greyhound, too many stories of stuff getting damaged or lost. That hardtop is probably not inexpensive...

I had to ship a roof clip for an old 911 and wound up using Uship. i was able to talk to the shipper directly and he loaded it and secured it in his trailer.

It made it undamaged and I did not have to pay for the expense of a crate.

If I recall it was around $300 door to door.

Good luck -

Addendum - Found the Greyhound Auto Part Exclusion from

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/e/pages/FAQ.aspx

What are your packaging requirements?All shipments must be packed in containers made of durable material and of quality sufficient to withstand handling on buses. All packages containing FRAGILE or PERISHABLE articles must be marked in large letters, preferably with appropriate labels. See Terms and Conditions of Purchase and Carriage for complete packaging requirements. Additional restrictions apply for auto parts as listed below.Auto parts will need to be tendered with OEM packaging. If manufacturing packaging does not exist we will accept at the shippers risk or at no declared value.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:11 AM
pcasanova
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Wanted to provide some feedback. Hardtop shipped, to help secure it, seller put it on a 48 X 40 pallet, placed some protections on corners and covered with shipping blankets.

Never new about Greyhound, rates where more than fair but size was limited, so could not use for this. Definitely an option for other stuff.

UPS and FedEx stated that it had to be on pallet and could not protrude out. Top was larger than pallet it was on. Price for FedEx Freight was affordable, so worth a look for other stuff.

Old Dominion, impressively quoted me @ $350 and could deal with oversize, but scheduling a residential to residential shipment was a difficult. Perhaps if it was a shipment from distribution location to distribution location, it would have been easier (and possibly cheaper).

Finally tried (and used) uShip https://www.uship.com. Couldn't be happier. Took longer to ship (@ 1 week), but arrived as shipped (actually shipper put on extra blankets to protect) and cost $275 + $29 fee.

Quick Reply: Hard Top Shipping