Sponsored by:

Different Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 04:53 PM
combatmedic
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Window Issue

Hi guys I'm a little new to the forum. My window stays low enough to open the passenger door by default, so it never lowers or goes back up when the door handle is released. That's inside and outside handles. I hear the micro switches but no motor. I first reset the Windows and that doesn't work. I took out the latch mechanism and took it apart. The door handle microswitch and the microswitch in the latch mechanism both click and look ok. By the way, my interior and door lights don't work either. I did find that when I push down on the window (goes down some) and lock it manually or with the remote that it goes back up into the channel as it should. Should I adjust the cable? Any ideas?

Last edited by combatmedic; 04-30-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Add
Old 04-30-2016, 06:31 PM
dcdrechsel
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Sounds more like a wiring problem .I would check the connector at the door jam .If you have a ohm meter pins a3 and a8 are the wires for the door handles and will verify good micro switches .I think that the circuit between the handles and the motor is open .
Old 04-30-2016, 06:59 PM
combatmedic
AutoX

Originally Posted by dcdrechsel
Sounds more like a wiring problem .I would check the connector at the door jam .If you have a ohm meter pins a3 and a8 are the wires for the door handles and will verify good micro switches .I think that the circuit between the handles and the motor is open .
Thank you. That's a different answer than everything that I read before posting. I will definitely check it out and post my findings.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:07 AM
combatmedic
AutoX

dcdrechsel looked at the door connector. How does it come off? Are the pins labeled or do you have a diagram of the pin out?

Last edited by combatmedic; 05-02-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:43 PM
dcdrechsel
Rennlist Member

You ask good questions .I believe the connector is numbered -the wires or pins you are testing are blue with white tracer and brown with green tracer .The connector has a screw on the bottom and I believe you must pull the door stop pin to gain enough access .
One question -did you know if there was any water under drivers seat ? The reason for the question is that is where the control unit is located and if they get wet strange things happen .
Old 05-01-2016, 07:45 PM
combatmedic
AutoX

You ask good questions .I believe the connector is numbered -the wires or pins you are testing are blue with white tracer and brown with green tracer .The connector has a screw on the bottom and I believe you must pull the door stop pin to gain enough access .
One question -did you know if there was any water under drivers seat ? The reason for the question is that is where the control unit is located and if they get wet strange things happen .
Thanks for the instructions. I'm not aware that there was water under the drivers seat. The drivers Windows works as it should.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

That's a lot of symptoms/odd behavior to be just wiring problem unless someone has taken a chain saw to the wiring in the door.

Reads more like a door lock assembly/controller problem. This is a pretty large and complex assembly/controller with some mechanical as well as electrical components.

Be sure both doors are empty of water, the door bottoms are not damp. Be sure there is no water in the cabin. Under the seats is the lowest part of the cabin floor and under the passenger seat IIRC is where the security module resides. Get it wet and electrical gremlins will be all through the car.

If you open up the door, remove the door card, be sure you reseal/glue the membrane securely to the door. If the membrane is loose or torn it can let water into the door in places water should not be.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:14 AM
dcdrechsel
Rennlist Member

You have to start someplace to isolate the problem .The first question is : are the door handles telling the motor to drop the window ?Test prescribed will answer part of the question .If yes then the next question is the signal getting to the motor ?Since the motor is working and the auto up is working -looks like the handle circuit isn't .This isn't complicated unless there is a problem with the control unit .The other issue with the interior light also suggests wiring
Old 05-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Have your inside lights and door lights ever worked? The reason I ask is mine didn't when I first got the car. The petrol door did not lock either. The door window drop worked fine. It was all down to the on board computer set in 'sport car delivery mode'. A Porsche garage rectified the problem using their tester for about $80. It took me almost 2 years to discover the problem.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:15 AM
combatmedic
AutoX

You have to start someplace to isolate the problem .The first question is : are the door handles telling the motor to drop the window ?Test prescribed will answer part of the question .If yes then the next question is the signal getting to the motor ?Since the motor is working and the auto up is working -looks like the handle circuit isn't .This isn't complicated unless there is a problem with the control unit .The other issue with the interior light also suggests wiring
Thanks Macster and dcdrechsel. I will check for water, but everything seemed dry when I took off the door panel and checked under the seat. I still have to check the door connector harness. Again the auto up does work only when manually locking or locking with the remote( no alarm chirp).

Hurdigurdiman- I purchased the car in that condition. My door and dome lights never worked, but I'm aware that the window issue may something to do with it as well. My window does not go down, but stays in the lower position. If I lock it with the remote or manually, it goes up into the channel as it should.

Last edited by combatmedic; 05-02-2016 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-02-2016, 11:02 AM
dcdrechsel
Rennlist Member

One thing-if you disconnect the door plug please do not turn the ignition key it will set the airbag code .
Old 05-02-2016, 11:30 AM
combatmedic
AutoX

One thing-if you disconnect the door plug please do not turn the ignition key it will set the airbag code .
Ok good to know. thank you. I might not be able to spend time with the car until the weekend, so you may not have an update until then.

Last edited by combatmedic; 05-04-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Different Window Issue