996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Schematics with P/Ns...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 02:18 PM
tharbin
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The skid plate is held on by three screws, one at the front (toward front of car) and one on each side. There is a hole at the back of the plate but no screw is used there. On mine, somebody over-tightened the front screw and stripped it. I have the plate off until I can get around to heli-coiling it as the screw did not seat right and made noise.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:20 PM
RGrove
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Eric (iirc) and others; if you haven't seen it yet, Porsche has their parts catalog on their site for our cars in downloadable PDF form. It helps a ton for parts diagrams as well as numbers for all of the oddball parts, etc.

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...SA_KATALOG.pdf

They also offer a different one for ROW depending on how you set your region on their website.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tharbin
The skid plate is held on by three screws, one at the front (toward front of car) and one on each side. There is a hole at the back of the plate but no screw is used there. On mine, somebody over-tightened the front screw and stripped it. I have the plate off until I can get around to heli-coiling it as the screw did not seat right and made noise.
So, I guess I'm missing two of them -- !@#$ing idiots.

I once had a mechanic leave a screw driver and some screws on top of an engine before he shut the hood. Somehow the screw driver stayed put. Unfortunately, I discovered the screws lodged in the sheetmetal, leaving pimples (or cysts?) all over the hood. I was away at college when it happened and the guy at the garage claimed it wasn't his fault.

Originally Posted by RGrove
Eric (iirc) and others; if you haven't seen it yet, Porsche has their parts catalog on their site for our cars in downloadable PDF form. It helps a ton for parts diagrams as well as numbers for all of the oddball parts, etc.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!!! I've never seen that before!!! Very useful.

-Eric

Quick Reply: Schematics with P/Ns...