Sponsored by:

Should I be worried???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:42 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Southern Man
I did my first DE last year in my '02 C2. (They won't even let you on the track unless you've changed your brake fluid within the last 90 days.)

I had a BLAST! But, within about two laps I starred my windshield, and the front bumper, recently painted, looked a bit worse for wear. (I didn't think it was necessary to tape it for DE, but I was wrong.)

The hook was set, for sure, but I quickly realized that my pockets aren't deep enough to keep up with tires and brakes for my fun. I have a '91 really nice Miata, too nice to track, but I'm looking for a beater to satisfy my new track bug. I may take the 996 out again, but it'll be a once in a while thing. Yeah, my Porsche buds will leave me in the dust, but I could blow up a Miata each season and still be far ahead of the money in pocket game.
You don't say.
Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2016, 01:18 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 456 Likes on 295 Posts

DT, what say you to OP.... is tracking hard on a 996?
Old 03-18-2016, 01:59 AM
Triple Black
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Hey PNW_Boxer993. Just noticed you are in Bellingham. I guess you will be going to The Ridge or Pacific Raceway. Both are great tracks and lots of fun. The Ridge is probably safer because it has lots of runoff. Pacific has a great flow but it has concrete walls and trees close by. Both have really nice elevation changes. If you are going with the PCA group they run a very safe event. All novice drivers have an instructor for the entire day. This is your first event and you really don't need to worry - your car can handle it. You won't be pulling really high g's in the corners that can cause oil starvation - that comes with lots of experience and R compound tires. Just make sure you have more than 50% on your brake pads, a recent brake fluid flush, and decent street tires. Drink plenty of fluids during the day and listen to your instructor. You're gonna love it!

P.S. If you want a preview of driving The Ridge or Pacific... https://plus.google.com/u/1/10109626...8710659/videos
Old 03-18-2016, 05:47 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda911
DT, what say you to OP.... is tracking hard on a 996?

Quick Reply: Should I be worried???