Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cool Custom finished C4S WHEELS Satin Black Machine Stripe!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 09:13 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

how much to do that to my wheels if I ship them to you?
Old 01-30-2016, 02:59 PM
crmcgregor
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craig001
Almost gets me to like twists. Do like the TT rims with the stripe. Is that tape or paint? Would the stipe withstand heavy handed tire mounters?
Hey Craig, these wheels are on my 4S and they look awesome. The wheel was painted then the edge of the rim was machined, neither paint or tape but the actual wheel. Should be strong enough...
Old 02-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by crmcgregor
A huge thanks to Eli at wheel dynamics for the amazing refinish on my 4S turbo twist wheels! I had a vision and you guys executed to a T. They look nuts in person, gotta say the pictures turned out great too. Thanks again!
The pleasure was all ours, thank you for your trust and support!

Sincerely,

Team Wheel Dynamics
www.wheeldynamics.com

Originally Posted by craig001
Almost gets me to like twists. Do like the TT rims with the stripe. Is that tape or paint? Would the stipe withstand heavy handed tire mounters?
It's actually a brush polished stripe on the very edge of the wheel, hard to see in photos however much cooler in person! Just as durable as any other finish, however mounters should be using a touch-less system to avoid any wheel contact all together.

Team Wheel Dynamics

Originally Posted by Cheekybird
Very cool, those look great. Nice work Wheel Dynamics.
Thank you for your kind words sir!

Team Wheel Dynamics
Old 02-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AWDGuy
how much to do that to my wheels if I ship them to you?
Normally we charge $150 for a one color finish, however we felt compelled to include a brush strip at no additional charge. We also offered to refinish the center caps at $15 ea., this is not the standard charge if you want only caps refinished however when refinishing wheels we are happy to do them at this rate (3-color combo).

Of course he was a local customer so tires & services for installations etc. were an additional factor.

Please feel free to message us for an exact quote.

Team Wheel Dynamics
Old 02-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not usually a fan of black wheels and I often find that white/silver stripes around the perimeter have a white wall effect on modern cars but I really like these!! Great job! On paper, they're just not my taste at all but I think the whole thing comes together well; especially on the car.

I've been thinking about refinishing the wheels on my C4S for a while and was wondering whether an anthracite or slightly darker tint might spruce up the turbo twists a bit. FWIW, I actually love the twists and I really like the machined strip.

-Eric
Old 02-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sue Esponte
I'm not usually a fan of black wheels and I often find that white/silver stripes around the perimeter have a white wall effect on modern cars but I really like these!! Great job! On paper, they're just not my taste at all but I think the whole thing comes together well; especially on the car.

I've been thinking about refinishing the wheels on my C4S for a while and was wondering whether an anthracite or slightly darker tint might spruce up the turbo twists a bit. FWIW, I actually love the twists and I really like the machined strip.

-Eric
Here's a photo of a set we took on trade in this finish, we did not refinish this set for the record, but I figured it might help give you an idea or two...
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Here's a photo of a set we took on trade in this finish, we did not refinish this set for the record, but I figured it might help give you an idea or two...
I've got a Seal Grey C4S with a Seal Grey top. I love the monochrome look with the grey wheels but I think the darker rim might look really nice...and those look really nice! lol
Old 02-04-2016, 06:33 PM
lingpoen
Racer

the black center and black bolths look perfect...but to each his own
Old 02-04-2016, 06:33 PM
lingpoen
Racer

..bolts...freckin sticky keys
Old 02-06-2016, 07:35 AM
paulgiven
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diy machine strip?

I see that strip and right away the wheels start turning.. I can see the car a stand on each corner.. In gear, running at low revs and, sand paper in hand, cleaning off that strip... o the risk the joy the excitement of having a four-wheeled lathe in my own garage..😄

Quick Reply: Cool Custom finished C4S WHEELS Satin Black Machine Stripe!