Sponsored by:

Repair Kit for Seatbelt Receptable/Airbag Light issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 12:53 PM
vitaminC
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by bal
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead since I can answer your question, I might as well... your picture shows that the TSB for the repair kit has been attempted but without using the repair kit. Since the repair kit includes new pins, I would say that you should redo the repair using the repair kit and following the TSB.
Thanks. I did use the repair kit and haven't had any problems since then.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:01 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the airbag light/driver seatbelt issue, hence my searching through threads about this. I put in a new seatbelt receptacle/buckle because the old one was sticky, but this did not fix the issue. I cleaned the contacts at the connectors with a generic contact cleaner from the auto parts store. I also measured resistance between the ground point by the alarm module on the chassis and the ground terminals on the header plug that goes to the seatbelt receptacle and it measured about an ohm. While the thicker ground wires measure a lower resistance, I would be surprised that an fraction of an ohm is enough to through the light, but who knows. I've ordered the grounding kit and will install it.

Right now though every time I clear the airbag code with my Durametric, it comes right back. I've even tried clearing the code, removing the key from the ignition and then putting it back in.

Any thoughts appreciated...
Old 05-02-2017, 04:01 PM
vitaminC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bal
Right now though every time I clear the airbag code with my Durametric, it comes right back. I've even tried clearing the code, removing the key from the ignition and then putting it back in.

Any thoughts appreciated...
Sounds like you need the grounding kit! The install was pretty easy. There is a good write-up at renntech
Old 05-02-2017, 04:06 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vitaminC
Sounds like you need the grounding kit! The install was pretty easy. There is a good write-up at renntech
Just ordered it. Thanks for that link - I had seen one like it before but then lost track of it! What press out tool did you use? I know that there is a Porsche specific one, but presumably others are available?
Old 05-02-2017, 04:10 PM
vitaminC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bal
Just ordered it. Thanks for that link - I had seen one like it before but then lost track of it! What press out tool did you use? I know that there is a Porsche specific one, but presumably others are available?
I don't remember exactly... probably a small screwdriver or something similar.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:12 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Here's the write-up I saw that I was thinking of: https://www.renntech.org/forums/topi...comment=248066

Quick Reply: Repair Kit for Seatbelt Receptable/Airbag Light issue