996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Dreams do come true! My first 911...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Cheekybird
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The 4S is a beast. I agree, I just want to drive it all day! Great looking car, enjoy.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:23 AM
frisbee91
Three Wheelin'

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy the car and don't read this board too much.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:51 AM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats, enjoy in good health!
Old 01-03-2016, 03:12 PM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the graffiti on the building. Obviously, you don't park your car anywhere near there.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:21 PM
crmcgregor
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words! Both side markers are actually smoked, pulled up a couple pictures from different time frames. Before and after

And yes I work in Anaheim (where the picture was taken) and live in Costa Mesa. She should be safe round those streets!
Old 01-03-2016, 03:31 PM
crmcgregor
Rennlist Member

Old 01-03-2016, 03:53 PM
maui
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, enjoy
Old 01-03-2016, 06:38 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Very, very nice. I had that shifter/e-brake handle combo in my '99. Now I've got this goofy tall shifter in my current car. I loved that shifter that you have - it just feels perfect and is really high quality. Don't even think about changing it - you'll regret it.
Great to hear how much you like the car. With just a little bit of bling, a seal gray car looks really sweet - just a very "substantial" feel to that color - a great color for a Porsche. The carbon fiber interior bits are a good example of some tasteful bling. The black carpet to break up the gray interior is another. Some alumalook gauges, a double DIN nav/Bluetooth stereo with a Porsche crest background, sport seats and some nice tint are all good mods/options. Looks like you already have the tint and sport seats covered.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:21 PM
crmcgregor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Very, very nice. I had that shifter/e-brake handle combo in my '99. Now I've got this goofy tall shifter in my current car. I loved that shifter that you have - it just feels perfect and is really high quality. Don't even think about changing it - you'll regret it.
Great to hear how much you like the car. With just a little bit of bling, a seal gray car looks really sweet - just a very "substantial" feel to that color - a great color for a Porsche. The carbon fiber interior bits are a good example of some tasteful bling. The black carpet to break up the gray interior is another. Some alumalook gauges, a double DIN nav/Bluetooth stereo with a Porsche crest background, sport seats and some nice tint are all good mods/options. Looks like you already have the tint and sport seats covered.
Yeah there is something about this color... especially when clean it really pops!

All the carbon is really nice looking, and I love the way the shifter feels. It feels great in hand and easy to row through the gears under aggressive driving.

I don't think I will be doing much mods inside the car, speakers eventually but love the stock look with the single cd player. I do have plans on the exterior, will get mixed feelings I am sure when its done but to each his own! Just stoked to go in the parking lot and see a 911, then get into it cause it's mine! haha
Old 01-03-2016, 08:31 PM
crmcgregor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porschedog
Congrats! Great color! Enjoy it. Ignore the sometimes snarky comments made by 991 and Cayman guys. They know we have "pure" Porsche but hate to admit it. Lol
Are you kidding? Cayman??? ppsshhhh beat it... haha just kidding but it is funny how crazy people get. But that being said I could have picked up a newer cayman for the same money, but then again it is no 911. Something about this car, I mean it is iconic for a reason!
Old 01-03-2016, 08:36 PM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Congrats. That is a very pretty 996. Enjoy it in good health.

Quick Reply: Dreams do come true! My first 911...