996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Recaro Profi Installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 04:19 PM
eugizzle
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way, what should services should I be asking any shop for in my situation? Ride height adjustment and wheel alignment? Any need for a corner balance? Etc.?

Oops apologies, wrong thread.

Last edited by eugizzle; 12-18-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:14 AM
eugizzle
Instructor

Quick question. With the OEM manual sliders, will I still need the BK seat track adapter?

Appreciate it
Old 01-11-2016, 10:36 AM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

No, the OEM sliders mount directly to the car, no seat track adapter (slider or side mount to floor) needed.

Originally Posted by eugizzle
Quick question. With the OEM manual sliders, will I still need the BK seat track adapter?

Appreciate it
Old 01-11-2016, 12:48 PM
eugizzle
Instructor

Originally Posted by steved0x
No, the OEM sliders mount directly to the car, no seat track adapter (slider or side mount to floor) needed.
Appreciate it Steve
Old 01-11-2016, 02:03 PM
eugizzle
Instructor

I understand that BK makes seat mounts that work with the OEM sliders; however, I'm still drawn to the Recaro seat mounts!

Would the Recaro Aluminum seat mounts, https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...150841215.html, be a direct bolt on? But with these mounts, would I have trouble with the seat belt mount?

Appreciate it! Thank you!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:01 PM
steved0x
Pro

To use the Recaro side mounts you will need a seat track adapter, a tunnel side seat belt receptacle, and if you want a slider you would need a slider - the items that Carrera51 linked to earlier:

BR9040 seat track adapters: http://www.ogracing.com/brey-krause-...96-997-986-987

BR9005: http://www.ogracing.com/brey-krause-...at-belt-anchor

The ordering of the parts is like this: Seat track adapter mounts to floor. Slider mounts to seat track adapter. Recaro side mounts mount to slider. Seat mounts to side brackets. Seat belt receptacle (and shims/washer for the other side) sandwich in between the slider and side mounts (I did it that way on mine so the seat belt receptacle would be in the same position relative to the passenger in the seat)

This is the exact same setup I used when I had my Recaro Profi mounted. (I just got a 2nd Profi XL so I took out the Profi a week or two back).

Also recommended (by me) is to get a 2nd seat belt receptacle so you don't have to take apart any of your original seat in case you want to switch back at some point.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:06 PM
steved0x
Pro

It's complicated, right up until you install your first seat or two... then it will all make sense. Sometimes it feels like the sliders and mounting brackets and adapters cost as much as the seat itself
Old 01-13-2016, 05:37 PM
eugizzle
Instructor

Steve:

Appreciate the clarification. I was just hoping to be able to combine the Recaro seat mount to the OEM sliders. Looks like using BK seat mounts are my only option with the OEM sliders.

It does almost cost as much as the seats I'll definitely try to opt for the OEM sliders to shave some cost off of having to buy recaro sliders and seat track adapters.

With respect to the extra set of seat belt receptacles, do you have a photo of the exact parts to get?

Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by steved0x
To use the Recaro side mounts you will need a seat track adapter, a tunnel side seat belt receptacle, and if you want a slider you would need a slider - the items that Carrera51 linked to earlier:

BR9040 seat track adapters: http://www.ogracing.com/brey-krause-...96-997-986-987

BR9005: http://www.ogracing.com/brey-krause-...at-belt-anchor

The ordering of the parts is like this: Seat track adapter mounts to floor. Slider mounts to seat track adapter. Recaro side mounts mount to slider. Seat mounts to side brackets. Seat belt receptacle (and shims/washer for the other side) sandwich in between the slider and side mounts (I did it that way on mine so the seat belt receptacle would be in the same position relative to the passenger in the seat)

This is the exact same setup I used when I had my Recaro Profi mounted. (I just got a 2nd Profi XL so I took out the Profi a week or two back).

Also recommended (by me) is to get a 2nd seat belt receptacle so you don't have to take apart any of your original seat in case you want to switch back at some point.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:03 PM
eugizzle
Instructor

Update:

Still haven't had the time to install these seats. I acquired a pair of (L/R) OEM Sliders a while back. If anyone has a set of BK 9755/9756 Side Mounts in the Bay Area, let me know! If not, I'll be picking up a new set within the next month.

Thanks for the help from everyone during this "long" process.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:45 PM
vandersmith
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I used Planted mounts and Recaro Side mounts.

No adjustment. No problems.

I'm the only driver and it gave me the perfect position at 5'9, 175lbs.

Quick Reply: Recaro Profi Installation