2002 turbo Engine noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 05:31 PM
wyo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney
This.

Plus, at $37,500, that car is not priced "cheap" for the market this time of the year. I understand that prices in the Pacific Northwest are higher than the rest of the country based on previous threads over the past couple of years. And I sure as hell don't want to rehash that debacle we had in the 996TT forum a couple of weeks ago (you never know though, you might get Blswan to run up to Seattle and make a fake offer followed by a nice public trashing of this car - that would certainly be interesting ).
My point is that at $37,500, you shouldn't have to deal with the questions that this one has. Use all of the internet search options, set automatic daily search reports for new cars on the market and get yourself familiar with everything out there for sale. You will realize that there are a bunch of cars on the market that have languished for months because they are way overpriced. You will learn to ignore them. The cars that sell have asking prices from $32,000 to $44,000. $35,000 to $41,000 actual sale price is where I think 80% of the transactions are occurring. $37,500 will buy you a very, very nice car. No, it won't buy a 13,000 mile garage queen, but who the hell wants a car you can't drive without giving you a panic attack.

BTW, you've got about 2 months of prime buying time. After the New Year, you will see prices start to go up.
Thanks for the pricing info - I know you have done your homework and I think you are spot on!
This car was not really in consideration but I thought that it might be interesting to get some feedback and I have learned from it.
I am just starting the hunt and I might take a year or 2. I will look at as many as I can in the local market
Old 10-27-2015, 11:44 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Good , mindset - don't be in a hurry. Last March while I was waiting for the buyer of my '99 to get his cash together, the exact turbo I wanted came up for sale. It sold before I had the check in hand. I spent the next 6 months waiting and watching. I came close to pulling the trigger on 4 cars that weren't exactly what I wanted but close enough. Then one morning I am reviewing the daily new listings and there is the exact car I wanted, better actually. Look obsessively, but be patient.
The one caveat I would make is that this time of the year, there are some fantastic bargains. If you find a great deal on a car, you might consider buying it to hold you over til the right car comes along. Then sell the temporary car for what you paid for it or more in the spring. You need look no further than this forum for examples of recent great purchases.

Quick Reply: 2002 turbo Engine noise