Sponsored by:

removing airbag warning on sun visors

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the leather sunvisors, and I took off the stickers with Goof Off.
They came off easily. Took about 10 minutes.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:47 PM
mtksurfj
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default in process....

i've spent 15 minutes with goo-gone and i'm only 20% finished with the first one. this sucks.
The following users liked this post:
P12 (09-11-2021)
Old 09-29-2003, 07:09 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about natural mineral spirits on the vinyl visors???
Old 09-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally posted by C4C_Leon
I have the leather sunvisors, and I took off the stickers with Goof Off.
They came off easily. Took about 10 minutes.
I hope you are not doing this upside down while in the car . Ypu can take the things off, and do it on a table.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:57 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 948 Likes on 577 Posts

Only in America do we have those stupid stickers. Porsche has to CYA I guess- now I find out my incoming GT3 has stickers on the backs of the seats warning people not to sit in back because there are no seats or seat belts. DUH!!!!!!! And of course we don't get the European seats. Oh well, I guess we're lucky to even get the car this time!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:26 PM
mtksurfj
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

finally got them off. i think it took 1 solid hour.

so much happier though! definitely worth $300 if you have a beer or two.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:46 PM
JBari
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Decals

Better than beat up warning labels

Old 09-27-2021, 01:21 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 161 Posts

What is going on with replies to 18 year old threads? I could not resist.

What Happened in 2003 Significant Events, Popular Culture, Prices

Human Genome Project

The Human Genome Project is completed during April. Scientists from around the world successfully finished sequencing about 99% of the human genome. They identified over 20,000 individual genes and base pairs that create the basic DNA composition of humans. The project began in 1990 and it was a collaborative global effort led by the National Institutes of Health. Following its completion, scientists hoped that the research would help in understanding how to predict and cure certain diseases in the future.

United States - Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster

The Space Shuttle Columbia disaster takes place on February 1st. NASA’s STS-107 mission carried seven crew members (Rick Husband, William McCool, David Brown, Kalpana Chawla, Michael Anderson, Laurel Clark, and Ilan Ramon) into space where they conducted scientific experiments for 16 days. The Columbia disintegrated upon re-entry, tragically killing all on board. The disaster was likely caused by damage taken to the left wing during the launch when a piece of foam hit the wing. Following the catastrophe, NASA’s space shuttle program was suspended for 2 years while they investigated the disaster and tried improve the program.

United Kingdom -- Ronaldo's Manchester United Debut

The Portuguese soccer sensation Cristiano Ronaldo made his Premier League debut for Manchester United during August at the age of 18. Ronaldo played with Manchester United until 2009 when he left the Premier League to join La Liga as a forward for Real Madrid and was paid a record-breaking 94 million Euros. Considered by many to be one of the best soccer players of all time, he has won over 20 trophies and he holds dozens of records including having scored the most goals in all UEFA competitions and becoming the first player to score 100 goals in the UEFA Champions League.

World - Final Concorde Flight

The final Concorde flight took place during November. The Concorde was a supersonic, high-end passenger jet that flew at twice the speed of sound. The first Concorde flight took place in 1969 and regular flights began in 1976. Round-trip tickets cost thousands of dollars and the service was mainly used by wealthy patrons. After a tragic Concorde crash in 2000 and the September 11, 2001 terror attacks, demand for the service decreased and they shuttered the service due to low passenger numbers.

Space - Oldest Exoplanet Found

1. NASA confirms the discovery of one of the oldest known exoplanets, PSR B1620-26 b.

2. The planet, nicknamed “Methuselah,” was thought to be about 12.7 billion years old and is about 12,400 light years from Earth.

3. It was initially found in 1993 but its status was not officially confirmed until 10 years later with the help of the Hubble telescope.

4. Astronomers noted that it was the first planet to be confirmed with a circumbinary orbit (orbiting a pulsar and a white dwarf star) and the first in a globular cluster.

5. They also determined that the exoplanet has a mass of about 2.6 times that of Jupiter and it takes about 100 years to complete its orbit.

ESA Launches SMART-1

The European Space Agency (ESA) launches the SMART-1 (Small Missions Advanced Research in Technology-1) spacecraft during September . The unmanned satellite was launched from a site in Kourou, French Guiana. This was the ESA’s first mission to the Moon and the space probe orbited the Moon for about three years. It conducted several experiments that measured chemical elements and minerals visible on the lunar surface and solar activity. It was purposefully crashed into the Moon’s surface after 2,890 orbits.

China -- Shenzhou 5

China launched Shenzhou 5, its first manned space mission during October of 2003. The Shenzhou 5 mission carried China’s first astronaut Yang Liwei, who had been a pilot. The flight lasted just over 21 hours and landed successfully in inner Mongolia. Accomplishing this feat made China the third nation, after the Soviet Union (Russia) and the United States, to launch its own manned space flight.

Last edited by steam_mill; 09-27-2021 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:24 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!!
JBari (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 01:28 PM
JBari
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Down South
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!!
i like resurrection you dont get flamed for not searching! 😂
Old 09-27-2021, 02:40 PM
jdbornem
Pro

Received 500 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by JBari
i like resurrection you dont get flamed for not searching! 😂
You're missing the point. The point is to flame the person. Either they didn't search OR they're resurrecting an old thread.
...Interesting game, the only way to win is not to play.

I actually appreciate the resurrection though, because now I want to clean my warning labels off.
JBari (09-27-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 02:40 PM
peterp
Drifting

Received 751 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by DonW-Cape Cod
I heard that removing labels voids the warranty!
How will you know how to activate the airbags without the stickers????

Quick Reply: removing airbag warning on sun visors