Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

what does your dealer give you for a loaner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Maurice Slot
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Advantage in Houston: Boxster w/ advance appointment, rental from next door otherwise
Bob Moore in Oklahoma City: $6 towards cab fare or "special deal" rental @$30/day.
Competition is good.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Both the Porsche/Audi/Mercedes dealer (HBL) and the BMW dealer (Fairfax) I've used in No. VA. use Enterprise rental cars. So you get whatever econobox they happen to have on the lot. All US cars, nothing German or even European. Generally 4-cyl., automatics that can't get out of their own way. I usually just get them to give me a ride home and drive my Yukon instead.

Karl
Old 09-22-2003, 12:01 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

BH Porsche:

If you're under 25, they try to give you an Audi A4, however if you insist and provide them full insurance documentation (and they will verify it) you can get a boxster or cayenne.

For the rest of you who are over 25, the standard is a Boxster, and they have a few Cayennes. I hear that they are trying to phase out the boxster and go 100% Cayenne by next year. No appointment is necessary; all loaners are on a 1st come, 1st serve basis (however if you're close to your service writer he will hold a car for you). If they run out of Porsche loaners, you get an Audi A4.

They only have to provide loaners for warranty work, but if you have a good relationship with the dealer or are spending megabuck$ on repairs, they are flexible with the loaner program. According to my service writer, BH Porsche spends more money on its loaner program than any other dealer in the nation because the owners (Cranbrook Partners) want to have the highest CSI in the country.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:52 PM
bpr
Intermediate

I got a Honda Accord as a loaner. It certainly wasn't fancy, but it was better than nothing.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:57 PM
pingu_c4s
Advanced

anyone know what loaner car u get at Rusnak Pasadena dealer for a porsche car?

Last time i brought my audi a6 in for service, they gave me an A6.. but before, only a enterprise rental P.O.S.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Pingu, when I had my Audi I took it to Rusnak and they only provided an enterprise Pontiac Grand Am. They said I could get a Mercedes ML, C class, or Jag X-type for $40 a day.

If they are now giving Audi loaners for Audi services, then that is an improvement.

Old 09-23-2003, 03:08 AM
BadA996
Intermediate

Pingu took my 996 in and they gave me a dodge pick up truck.....i now go to BH for a Cayenne
Old 09-23-2003, 07:37 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Audi A3, I personally feel any car you are given as a loaner is a bonus.

With 10-30 cars in for service at any given time, you can't really expect the dealers to supply loaners to every customer.

Ciao,

Johannes E.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:15 AM
SICAONE
Racer

Got a 97' Volkswagon Jetta from Jack Daniels in NJ. Never went back!!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:38 AM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Jack Daniels? Seriously? What an awesome name for a dealer!!
Old 09-23-2003, 12:24 PM
MLA911
Advanced

Chevy Tahoe for me last time. My neighbor with a TT got a Cayenne.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:38 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts
Angry Rob, that's pretty sad....

My wife and I usually get a Boxster loaner although I have gotten a Cayenne once (we prefer the Boxster unless we need to move / haul a lot of stuff).

When the boxster is not available, they have put us in a van (we requested due to moving a son), a Cadillac, a Camry, etc. The worst car we ever got was a Focus (regular service mgr was not around that day) and it's still the joke of the dealership!

They treat us very well ... I would hope your's would too.

Russ
Old 09-23-2003, 05:38 PM
fahren affair
Pro

Default Re: Rob, that's pretty sad....

Originally posted by russbert
My wife and I usually get a Boxster loaner although I have gotten a Cayenne once (we prefer the Boxster unless we need to move / haul a lot of stuff).

When the boxster is not available, they have put us in a van (we requested due to moving a son), a Cadillac, a Camry, etc. The worst car we ever got was a Focus (regular service mgr was not around that day) and it's still the joke of the dealership!

They treat us very well ... I would hope your's would too.

Russ
i wouldn't have been so sore if the loaner was more dependable (flat tire, wouldn't start). i suppose i should aim my fire at enterprise rent a car instead. what made matters worse was the total apathy on the part of the service writer. this coming from the same dealer who called me 5-times at the office to make sure my last visit was a pleasurable experience "you'll be getting a survey from jd powers, i hope you'll tell them you were happy..."

revenge is sweet, isnt it?

Quick Reply: what does your dealer give you for a loaner?