996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Setting Seat Memory to Key FOB

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003 | 07:28 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Default Setting Seat Memory to Key FOB

I think I may have a reading disorder, but I know I'm in good company...since no one I've asked (including the dealer) has been able to set the memory button on my seats to my key fob (WITH THE OWNERS MANUAL IN HAND!)

Has anyone been able to make it work? The previous owner must have been a genius circus midget, cause they got it work, and move the seat right up to the steering wheel, so I don't even bother to use the key fob to unlock the car.

Someone please help...

TIA
Old 09-11-2003 | 07:31 PM
Random Alias
Advanced

With the key in the ignition, hold the lock button and press the memory button at the same time. It's a bit of a contortion, but it works.

Put the car in reverse while doing this and the passenger side mirror will aim down towards the curb when backing up.
Old 09-11-2003 | 07:36 PM
Random Alias
Advanced

Here it is verbatim from the owner's manual (It's here at my desk and I type real fast like). This works for me in an '01 coupe.

1. Switch the ignition on with the desired vehicle key

2. Set the desired seat, lumbar and door-mirror position. If you wish for the passenger's mirror to swivel down as a parking aid when reversing, reverse gear must be engaged when the seat position is stored.

3. Keep memory button M depressed and press the central locking button on the remote control within 5 seconds. The individual setting is now assigned to this remote control.
Old 09-11-2003 | 07:43 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Random,
I swear I've tried this, but I'll give it another whirl...so press the M button or the '1' button, or both?
Old 09-11-2003 | 07:55 PM
Random Alias
Advanced

Originally posted by 01 C4 Cab NYC
Random,
I swear I've tried this, but I'll give it another whirl...so press the M button or the '1' button, or both?
With the key in the ignition and turned one 'click' to the right, press & hold the M button, and while you have the M button depressed, press the lock/unlock button on the key.

The number buttons don't have any interaction with the key as far as I know. Should work - I know a couple times I accidently pressed the luggage compartment button rather than the lock/unlock button.
Old 09-11-2003 | 09:04 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

Will this function work in a 1999 C2? I don't see it mentioned in my owner's manual.

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2003 | 10:40 PM
Random Alias
Advanced

Do you have the memory feature? It's 4 buttons (M, 1, 2, 3) located to the left of the driver's seats near the door sill. You won't miss them if they're there.

If they're there, it seems like it should work, but who knows (someone else with a '99 most likely ), maybe it's a function added in a '00 or '01?

All these electric gizmos - my last car didn't even have power windows. I just found out about 'The Comfort Feature'. On a hot day, unlock your car using the key (rather than the remote) and hold the key in the unlock position --the windows automatically roll down. Works in reverse too.

Kind of silly actually. My wife's Audi has this feature, only it opens all 4 windows plus the sunroof, which makes it at least a little less silly.

What I would love is if you could get the windows to roll down using the remote. Let the car air out a little as you walk up to it on a 100° day. And you probably know the trick to extend the range of the remote...stick the point of the key agains the bottom of your chin when pushing the button. Doubles the range at least - works with most any remote actually.
Old 09-12-2003 | 08:49 AM
redcab
Racer

Wink

All these electric gizmos - my last car didn't even have power windows. I just found out about 'The Comfort Feature'. On a hot day, unlock your car using the key (rather than the remote) and hold the key in the unlock position --the windows automatically roll down. Works in reverse too.
Yeah, on mine try this and the roof peels right off
Old 09-12-2003 | 02:53 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

I've got the memory seat function but I can't get the key fob programmed with the mirror and the driver seat position... Perhaps it doesn't work on a 1999 C2.
Old 09-14-2003 | 06:35 PM
path
Instructor

I've also tried it on my 2000 C4 coupe and it doesn't seem to work. Do the keys on the '01 and younger cars have two buttons? Mine has only one, that might be the reason why I can't get it to work. Also, does anyone know how to determine if you can unlock the trunk remotely on an '00?
Old 09-14-2003 | 10:46 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

My '99 key fob has only one button and I don't think my trunk can be opened with the fob.

Quick Reply: Setting Seat Memory to Key FOB