Security lock issues - child lock related

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 02:04 AM
AnakChan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security lock issues - child lock related

Hi all,

In recent months (years?) my remote security lock has been having random issues. When locking the car, the horn will double beep and when I check all doors/glove compartments, etc. are properly closed. I can also hear the door lock not making a distinctive "lock" sound but instead a fainter double lock (like an attempt to lock). The door is naturally unlocked. I'd have to press the FOB twice for it to properly lock.

When I'm driving the car, the security lock button LED lights up in red, again at random - but when it's on it's usually on for the whole drive. In other occasions it doesn't light up at all. But most recently it has occasionally blinked/flashed whilst driving. That blinking/flashing is also at random - I've not been able to link/time it to any bumps on the road vibrating to any bad connections.

Any idea where to start with regards to this issue? Where should I start looking at?

cheers
Old 05-27-2015, 09:53 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,166 Likes on 746 Posts

Okay, I'll start with this - maybe the dash lock button is bad and needs to be replaced. Now for the rest (working from memory):
One push on the key fob, all zones set, car locks, no beeps.
Two pushes on the key fob, all zones set, car locks, car beeps and the interior infrared sensors are disabled.
All zones are monitored for correct closure:
Center console
Frunk lid
Engine lid
Fuel Filler lid
Glove box compartment
Doors closed
If any of those zones is detected open while locking, the car responds with a beep. If you press the key fob twice, the car double beeps (I think) to indicate the interior infrared sensors are disabled. So you may have your work cut out for you...checking each of the lock/sensor responses to see if one is open. You may also have a bad electrical door lock mechanism causing the car to think it is not ready for locking. The good thing is if you are able to get to a dealer with PWSII, they can scan and tell you exactly which zone is not working properly. If not, then you will need to proceed with a process of elimination. As first said, I would start with checking the electrical connectors to the dash switch and then replacing it if in question. That's the best I can suggest. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2015, 10:23 AM
AnakChan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DBJoe996, thanks for the tip and the methodology to debugging this issue. I'll give it a shot with the dash lock button first.

Quick Reply: Security lock issues - child lock related