Sponsored by:

Indy in Dallas Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:10 AM
AckyE
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indy in Dallas Area

Moved to DFW a few months ago. Looking for an Indy that does good work at a fair price.
In addition, a friend of mine here also purchased a '99 996 and is looking for the LNE IMS bearing upgrade to be done.
Any suggestions and ballpark prices for this are most welcome.

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:17 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 222 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by AckyE
Moved to DFW a few months ago. Looking for an Indy that does good work at a fair price.
In addition, a friend of mine here also purchased a '99 996 and is looking for the LNE IMS bearing upgrade to be done.
Any suggestions and ballpark prices for this are most welcome.

Thanks.
RAC Performance in Carrollton (formerly RUF) They installed my IMS Retrofit (among other things) and did very good work. There is also Mayo Performance in Euless who is also well regarded.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:25 AM
EdTexas
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used RAC for clutch and IMS upgrade.
I was very pleased with pricing, ongoing communication and quality of work.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:38 PM
rwiii
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another RAC guy. I would love to hear an assessment on their pricing from those that have bounced around. I have nothing to compare it to but I trust them. They never try and up-sell me on fuel injector cleaning or the other scams. When they call me with the labor hours it always seems a lot but diagnosis costs are never in there. I'm guessing that's where they make it up.
Anyway, no complaints, I'm loyal to them.
BTW, I haphazardly keep my records. Yes, I know how bad that is but they have all the records in their computer so if I sell I will just get them to print it all out. I have 106k miles so far so I'm not sure how much premium I would get for records as it will go at the bottom of the scale anyway.
Also putting 10k miles a year on the car and we looked back over the records a year or so ago. Looks like maintenance runs about $2k a year.
All-in-all a big thumbs up to RAC. Ask for Hans.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:07 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

on a side note, I live in Mansfield and would love to get in on a meet up if anyone knows about such things.

Quick Reply: Indy in Dallas Area