Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 09:20 PM
996Ray
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank You all Very Much!!!

996 Drivers,

I have sold my 996.

In the time I owned it, I gleaned a lot of valuable information from all of you.

Thanks so much for your help and advice.

Now, off to the Volkswagen MK7 GTI forum.....

All the best,

Ray
Old 12-10-2014, 09:24 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

You'll be back. They always come back.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

How long did you own your 996?
Old 12-11-2014, 09:27 AM
5ive0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He'll be back with a 996tt in a few years. There is only so long you can tolerate FWD. I've been there.

GTI is a fun little car though! And warranty is an awesome feeling.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney
You'll be back. They always come back.
I'd have to agree with this
Old 12-11-2014, 10:00 AM
prosled8
Racer

I am working that program the other direction, selling the Mk6 GTI for a 15 year old 911.

You will definetely be back, the torque steer on the Mk6 at least is rediculous in my book. They will tell you they have all but eliminated it but try a full throttle third gear pass on a narrow two lane and, tell me you don't feel like a drunk trying to keep it in your lane after half a dozen cocktails. It is quick for sure but a squirrelly little bugger.

The new MQB platform is supposed to be better but they always claim that. Mexico assembly instead of Germany, not looking to debate that aspect, just a fact. More power and refinement, lots of NICE standard features since it shares tons with Audi.

Anyway, done with the bunny, moving back into a more purpose built machine. The 911 lacks utility but makes up for it in a bunch of other ways.

Enjoy the group of kids who frequent the VW forums too... I tend not to say much
Old 12-11-2014, 10:38 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by prosled8
Mexico assembly instead of Germany, not looking to debate that aspect, just a fact.

Enjoy the group of kids who frequent the VW forums too... I tend not to say much
Yeah, can't wait to see Lamborghini and Porsche parts coming out of Mexico eventually.

As for the vdub kiddos, look forward to discussing rare and expensive wheels that have gold bolts on them with -15 offsets and fitting 10" wide rims on 245 width tires while discussing what's the best way to fit them and how much you have to roll and stretch your fenders not to mention if you should run -5 degrees neg camber or -8 degrees sling with discussing ride heights constantly and debating which skid plate to get since you're riding so low.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:09 AM
prosled8
Racer

Originally Posted by alpine003
Yeah, can't wait to see Lamborghini and Porsche parts coming out of Mexico eventually.

As for the vdub kiddos, look forward to discussing rare and expensive wheels that have gold bolts on them with -15 offsets and fitting 10" wide rims on 245 width tires while discussing what's the best way to fit them and how much you have to roll and stretch your fenders not to mention if you should run -5 degrees neg camber or -8 degrees sling with discussing ride heights constantly and debating which skid plate to get since you're riding so low.
Lots of strangely misguided and entitled youth haunt those places. Airbags to get that stance, is one of my favorites too, and 300+ hp K04 conversions.... to a front wheel drive car??? Yeah, they lost me. I mentioned that they could be driving low mile 996 turbos for the kind of money they wasted on a Rabbit. That killed the thread

I also found the VW/Audi dealer service was poor so back to an older, high end car. If I have to work on it myself, it has to be a car worth working on.

Quick Reply: Thank You all Very Much!!!