Sponsored by:

Lowering the car to European ride height

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 04:22 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Lowering the car to European ride height

Is there a good source for European springs?

In the case of the 996TT and C4S, I believe the difference is -20mm front, -10mm rear. This is a small difference, but I think the Eibach/H&R solution of 1-1.25" is a bit much for the dips in the street where I live...
Old 11-25-2014, 07:39 AM
02TX996Cab
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My recommendation--install a M030 RoW suspension kit. It's comprised of Porsche factory parts and gives you the 20mm front, 10 mm rear reduction in ride height you're seeking. I installed such a kit on my '02 996 cab a few years ago, and saw both the reduced ride height and significantly improved handling.

I purchased mine from Suncoast parts and was completely satisfied. Another highly respected source is Carnewal (based in Europe but regularly supplies US customers) who appears to have sets for all 996s available per their website.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:39 AM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TX996Cab
My recommendation--install a M030 RoW suspension kit. It's comprised of Porsche factory parts and gives you the 20mm front, 10 mm rear reduction in ride height you're seeking. I installed such a kit on my '02 996 cab a few years ago, and saw both the reduced ride height and significantly improved handling.

I purchased mine from Suncoast parts and was completely satisfied. Another highly respected source is Carnewal (based in Europe but regularly supplies US customers) who appears to have sets for all 996s available per their website.
Thanks! I'll collect part #s from PET and compare. I have good friends in Germany who may be able to assist with better-than-web pricing. It's pricey on the Carnewal site: http://www.carnewal.com/products/P96...-for-P96-Coupe
Old 11-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Just keep in mind that the RoWM030 kit may not drop the height that much, if at all. I installed it about three years ago and while the handling was much improved, my ride height change was negligible. Several other members did it at about the same time and all got about the same results.

If you are looking specifically to lower the suspension, the PSS10 set up may be a better choice, albeit more costly, as it's adjustable.

Quick Reply: Lowering the car to European ride height