Sponsored by:

996 IMS Solution vs Retro Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 08:35 PM
vargas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnell Gelb
The hype over the IMSB is misleading . The Internet babble will delude buyers and owners into thinking the bearing is the only fatal flaw in the M96 they need to check . Rennlist students of the M96 experts know there are at least 29 other Modes of Failure. Ignoring those 29 and fixating on the IMSB is the biggest risk of all imho. Rennlist serves a great purpose in alerting prospective buyers and existing owners of those expensive risks.
Exactly why I decided to just invest in an extended warranty from a reputable carrier my credit union referred me to rather than drop $2.5-$3k for a bearing swap and still no promise that all will be well. I picked up a 4yr/48k ADDITIONAL mileage warranty for a little north of an IMSB job. The extended warranty also says if any factory parts are modified or changed for aftermarket ones, it may void coverage. So this persuaded me to just leave everything stock. There is no deductible. In the event of a blown block, they will cover up to the ACV of the vehicle, which today mine is near $28k...more than enough to have the dealer drop a new one in.

Quick Reply: 996 IMS Solution vs Retro Fit