Sponsored by:

Squeaky windows

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Roo996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phil996cab99
I'm no detailing expert, but I do know they decontaminate windows just like clearcoat. Could be summer contaminants (summer gas?) causing this, just a wild first guess. I'm as skeptical as anybody else, but sentences like this one (from a product description) are starting to make sense to me: "Glass Polish also removes embedded dirt, adhesive residue, wax, grease, oil and smog film, paint and putty residues without streaks or glare."

That said, I'm going to try some of the solid suggestions posted earlier in this thread.
Hi Phil,

I also tried using a clay bar on the glass which is supposed to remove contaminates but it made the squeak worse. I also tried auto gleam glass polish and still had no effect. I will try rain ex next as suggested by fpb111 i will post how I get on.

Cheers Roo
Old 08-22-2014, 04:54 PM
phil996cab99
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roo996
I also tried using a clay bar on the glass which is supposed to remove contaminates but it made the squeak worse.
Sorry to hear that. It certainly seems environmental. I've driven mine every day for 6 months and then suddenly last week my first squeak ever (and pretty bad) and then disappeared the next day without me doing anything. But I will work on it 1st chance I get.

Quick Reply: Squeaky windows