Sponsored by:

2003 C4S For Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014 | 10:26 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KrazyK
LOL, I got tarred and feathered in the 944 forum but thats another story. I better be a little more cautious in the 997 forum. Glad your there first testing the waters. I get the impression in other forums that we 996 owners are so misguided.
I'm kinda laying low over there since they are extremely serious compared to the 996 crowd. One thread went on for something like 7 pages after someone posted a picture of a scratch on his rear bumper asking what we thought caused it. Of course my answer was "Bigfoot". Seriously, people were actually giving their opinion...as in a REAL opinion. Like it actually matters.

You can tell there is a big difference between the 997.1 guys (amazingly over paranoid about IMS failures, even by our standards) and the 997.2 guys (convinced it's the greatest 911 EVER since the 991 sucks!). They should actually have their own forums it's so night and day.

Of course, someone will Narc me out and I'll be ostracized and made into a pariah.

But I'll get back in their good graces by introducing them to Boobies!
Old 07-30-2014 | 01:07 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KrazyK
Prices all over the place for the C4S. I was surprised how they seemed much higher than a C2?
I just don't think you have a great feel for the market. I sold my '04 C2 with 59K miles for $2,500 more than your asking price on your C4S and the buyer was thrilled to get it compared to all the POS cars he had previously looked at.

Clean, great looking, well documented, well mantained, no issues 911's from private sellers who know their cars will always have buyers. Yes, even 996's...

Beat, worn, ugly, poorly maintained cars will always be worth much less. Unless it's an air-cooled car being scooped up by a wannabe 'collector' who has no idea what they are getting into.

Quick Reply: 2003 C4S For Sale!