Sponsored by:

Help with valuation. 2000 Carrera Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 11:52 PM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with valuation. 2000 Carrera Cab

Hey guys I need some help. I have found a great car. It is a 2000 Carrera Cab with loads of options ( and I do mean loads!) The car has only 5200 miles on it and is mint. I am tyring to get some idea on the value. Base sticker was originally about $75K and it has about $34K in options. Total was $109K. Since there are very few available with this few miles AND this option package I have very little to compare it with. I know it is hard to judge but I thought that some of you might have a car of this type and might could offer some insight.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Eddie
Old 08-08-2003, 12:38 AM
redcab
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

EddieC: It's value depends on how badly you want it! Did you find it at a dealer or private party?

Expect retail asking to be in high $50's, and a wholesale value to probably be < 50% of the MSRP. If you suspect that the car was turned in off of a 3 yr lease (check carfax to confirm the original title holder), then it is a fair bet that the bank sold it at auction for wholesale...meaning the dealer only has that much into it. Offer what you figure the residual value was when it was turned in as a starting point. Color and transmission type would also play a big role. Private sale is a whole different ballgame, because the owner may be emotionally attached....or maybe in a big hurry to unload to get that new GT3!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:46 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The $34K in options doesn't mean much. The low miles is not really a plus, as far as selling the vehicle is concerned. Go off the base. I would imagine you should be able to get it for mid 50's.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:23 AM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

redcab & adscab - Hey, thanks for the input. The car is at a dealer, but it is not a Porsche dealer. I made an offer that is about what both of you say it is worth. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Help with valuation. 2000 Carrera Cab