996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

New pic of my car with the Turbo bumper installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great!! Would you mind sharing a rough idea of what the wrap cost? Also what do the door jambs look like? Are they the original color or are you able to wrap those, too?

-Eric
Old 06-18-2014, 02:29 PM
Razkal
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barn996
Looks like you have track wheels and tires as well. Car looks very purposeful. What color is under the 'skin'?
The color underneath is Lapis Blue and still in great shape. I've been a modder since '91 and I always try to be somewhat unique and not over the top. I am very happy with how this project is turning out...
Old 06-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Razkal
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sue Esponte
Looks great!! Would you mind sharing a rough idea of what the wrap cost? Also what do the door jambs look like? Are they the original color or are you able to wrap those, too?

-Eric
A wrap similar to this is around 3-3,500 Canadian depending on what you would like to do to it - ie. accents in different colors etc... The complete car can be wrapped. I did not wrap my door jams yet however that is on the project list. It actually contrasts nice with the Lapis blue in my door jams.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:03 PM
NormD
Instructor

Car looks even better on the internet Razkal I see you have finally found Rennlist

Norm
Old 06-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Razkal
Advanced

Originally Posted by NormD
Car looks even better on the internet Razkal I see you have finally found Rennlist

Norm
Hey Norm!! Nice to see that you are on here as well. I have been on Rennlist since last year however more of a reader vs. a poster. Thanks again for the bumper - it worked out great!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:23 PM
andys-944
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great, good job
Old 06-18-2014, 08:46 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

As much as I think wraps are sort of sleezy, I imagine it has to me pretty low maintenance. You can park the car in the sun without worrying about clearcoat failure, right? That would be great in FL.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Razkal
Advanced

Originally Posted by knfeparty
As much as I think wraps are sort of sleezy, I imagine it has to me pretty low maintenance. You can park the car in the sun without worrying about clearcoat failure, right? That would be great in FL.
Yes the wrap has really impressed me. I drove it this past winter as well and it takes a few times in the messy stuff to get dirty. It does not swirl at all like paint so it looks new all the time. The best part is that if a panel gets scuffed or needs to be replaced, there is no color matching. If the wrap is done correctly from the beginning it looks like it was painted as many people ask me that at meets and cruises.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:16 AM
golfmanlk
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

So what's needed for turbo bumper swap? I have OEM aero bumper that needs painted. There's a local guy selling a turbo bumper and just not sure exactly what's needed to make it fit (other than the bumper cover itself). Any help appreciated!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:43 AM
33jacket
Advanced

Razkal, outside of the bumper cover and lower lip, did you need any other parts to install this bumper?

ie ducts, etc etc

I know you need to trim the aluminum bumper structure under the cover but any other parts required?
Old 06-20-2014, 11:48 AM
Razkal
Advanced

Originally Posted by 33jacket
Razkal, outside of the bumper cover and lower lip, did you need any other parts to install this bumper?

ie ducts, etc etc

I know you need to trim the aluminum bumper structure under the cover but any other parts required?
I did not do any trimming on the aluminum bar, I sprayed it black on the ends so that it did not show through. Other than that, I bought the bumper complete and there were no other real modifications that we had to do except for remove the side marker brackets from my carrera bumper and install them onto the turbo one.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:08 PM
33jacket
Advanced

Originally Posted by Razkal
I did not do any trimming on the aluminum bar, I sprayed it black on the ends so that it did not show through. Other than that, I bought the bumper complete and there were no other real modifications that we had to do except for remove the side marker brackets from my carrera bumper and install them onto the turbo one.
ok for my clarity, when you say you bought the bumper complete that included:

- bumper cover (obvious)
- Lower lip spoiler
- 3 opening/grille covers

anything else?
Old 06-20-2014, 12:09 PM
heligear
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[/IMG]
I like the Factory aerokit side skirts myself
Old 06-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Razkal
Advanced

Originally Posted by 33jacket
ok for my clarity, when you say you bought the bumper complete that included:

- bumper cover (obvious)
- Lower lip spoiler
- 3 opening/grille covers

anything else?
No, that is all that I needed with mine. I had to just take the tow hook cover from my carrera bumper and side marker brackets and they fit no problem. My turbo bumper was only missing the tow cover.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:16 PM
33jacket
Advanced

Originally Posted by Razkal
No, that is all that I needed with mine. I had to just take the tow hook cover from my carrera bumper and side marker brackets and they fit no problem. My turbo bumper was only missing the tow cover.
perfect. Thanks man

Quick Reply: New pic of my car with the Turbo bumper installed