Sponsored by:

Litronics

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Bob H
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litronics

How can I remove the orange turn signal lense inside the litronic headlight. The only access I can see is thru the turn signal bulb opening. Do you break it out with needle nose pliers?
Old 08-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think the amber turn signal lens can be separated from the rest of the headlight. What are you trying to accomplish?
Old 08-05-2003, 04:40 AM
Bob H
Advanced

I want to sell this pair, the right one is brand new and the left one is used, the previous owner of the left one removed the orange plastic in the turn signal section. If I remove the orange plastic from the right headlamp and install orange turn signal bulbs in both, they will now be a matched set and whoever buys them won't feel that they are mismatched. I feel they will bring $750.00 as a matched set on ebay. They will fit any 97 to 03 boxster or any 99 to 01 996
Old 08-05-2003, 04:45 AM
Bob H
Advanced

picture
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend Henry performed the amberectomy operation on 2 sets of litronics. http://www.renntech.org/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=178&

Old 08-05-2003, 04:44 PM
NMoore
Racer

I did that to mine, better to use two pairs of needlenose and keep a pair of snips handy as well. Scary as hell, but no harm done and it looks great with Philips silver bulbs.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:39 PM
powerfeed
Intermediate

I just got my "lit" kit last Friday and was wondering the same thing. I know people do the same to their rice rockets. Hey Toolpants, what do you do, break or crack the orange with a punch, then pull out. Is this a big PITA, or do you just need a little patience.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Second try for the link with more pictures. http://www.renntech.org/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=178&

There is an internal amber plastic lense/light diffuser that has 3 sides to it. Think of a box but with the top, bottom, and one of the sides missing.

The lense is way too big to pull out of the bulb opening in one piece. So we cut the lense into pieces so that it can be pulled out of the bulb opening with needle nose pliers. If the chunk of lense that you grabbed with the pliers is too big for the opening then cut as much of it as you pulled out with side cutters, then reach back into the opening with the pliers and pull the next chunk out. The plastic lense is very thin and not hard to pull out of the opening.

The bulb opening is small so it would be hard to get a tool in there to chop the lense into pieces with a punch. I did think of a dremel, but it goes very fast with a soldering iron to cut the plastic lense into pieces that can be pulled out.

This is for the hard core amber haters

Quick Reply: Litronics