Sponsored by:

LN engineering single to dual row IMS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Why? Just give you more to argue about.

BTW Porsche dealers were the very last to adopt the IMSR and yes I have at least one or two dealer techs attend my class at every location. Some mention they are from the dealer, others don't and I still find out. If they come to WTI classes then they do get a Certificate, they can do whatever they want to with it.

I have an engine from a Porsche dealer at my shop right now after an IMSR went bad. The bearing is fine, it only ran for about 3 minutes before it shot a piece of debris that was picked up by the IMS drive chain through the block. They sent it to me for repair, it must have had some underlying condition present before the IMSR was carried out, who knows if it was pre- qualified for the job or not. They didn't even call first, the engine just showed up with a hole in the block.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:56 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
…all of us 996 owners will be here waiting with bated breath…
I won't be, I'll be on a twisty backroad in PA driving my car.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:08 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
I won't be, I'll be on a twisty backroad in PA driving my car.
Blink or wave if you pass me...

Last edited by DreamCarrera; 05-05-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Why? Just give you more to argue about.

BTW Porsche dealers were the very last to adopt the IMSR and yes I have at least one or two dealer techs attend my class at every location. Some mention they are from the dealer, others don't and I still find out. If they come to WTI classes then they do get a Certificate, they can do whatever they want to with it.

I have an engine from a Porsche dealer at my shop right now after an IMSR went bad. The bearing is fine, it only ran for about 3 minutes before it shot a piece of debris that was picked up by the IMS drive chain through the block. They sent it to me for repair, it must have had some underlying condition present before the IMSR was carried out, who knows if it was pre- qualified for the job or not. They didn't even call first, the engine just showed up with a hole in the block.

Typical response when questioned ...very informative...thanks!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 AM
MiamiC70
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Jake, I have ben on here about 4 years and I am so tired of your FUD tactics and self promotion at the expense of us all and especially those who are new or just looking for information. All I hear now when I read one of your posts is blah, blah, blah. I mean every single one is " every M96 / M97 is going to blow up", "my shop has 996 / 997 lined up from Georgia to Key west with blown engines", "no one on the face of the planet is as qualified as me", enough.

Tone down the rhetoric and the self promotion or hire a PR person to respond for you and you will not come across as such an abrasive, know it all! You lost me as a prospective customer a LONG time ago as I am sure you have turned off many others on here.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 16 Posts

Jake I'm saving towards sending you a core motor to build into a 4.0. Keep up the good info flowing here. Thanks for the real info you share here and the good actionable knowledge that help clarify a decision when my motor blew.
If in the meantime issues arise in my 4S, you will be my first call.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

You lost me as a prospective customer a LONG time ago as I am sure you have turned off many others on here.
So much for the fact that I am here to advertise and secure new purchasers :-)

Keep up the good info flowing here. Thanks for the real info you share here and the good actionable knowledge that help clarify a decision when my motor blew.
If in the meantime issues arise in my 4S, you will be my first call.
Lost one and gained one.. The good cancels out the bad :-)

A PR person would tell people what they want to hear, which is completey *** backward from whats built this business. To quote the Porsche Post (UK Porsche Club official magazine) in March of 2006:

"He's the last of a Renegade Breed".

Maybe I should simply post a poll here and ask two questions to determine if the majority of Rennlist following appreciates my input. Many will post in a poll that do not post in threads, because they don't have to deal with flack. Generally I have found that those who support what we do are the lurkers that aren't vocal, because I get PMs thankjing me all the time and the users have less than 10 posts in some instances, yet have been members for 2+ years.

The question for the poll would be simple, should I stay or should I go. Let the members spek, make it a bit of a democratic atmosphere and I'll live with the findings.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:14 PM
MiamiC70
Three Wheelin'

That sounds like a plan Jake when will we see this POLL go up?
Old 05-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

I'll probably do it tonight.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:30 PM
TSMacNeil
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you have your own website (which includes its' own forum/blog section) I think you should showcase your brilliance there. You suggest that you generate no business by being here, so this should be seamless.
If a guy wants to wade through your photos and videos they can...your website gets traffic and we aren't blasted by fear-mongering.
Win-Win
Old 05-05-2014, 05:33 PM
JohnCK2014
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be more likely to buy from you if you had a warranty longer than a year. Even for a factory rebuild, that is a very short warranty. Porsche stood behind the original design more than that. Also, there is no reason why tracking should void the warranty. I understand your concern about someone missing a gear and over reving the engine. Okay, then why not allow tracking when the car has a triptronic? You can't over rev the engine with a triptronic. The car won't let you do it.

For as much as you trash our cars and brag on your engine, you seem to have little interest in putting your money behind yours. If the engine is as good as you claim, there is no reason why the warranty can't be at least 3 years and 36,000 miles. Hell, old Fiat engines lasted longer than that.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:33 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

stay
Old 05-05-2014, 05:42 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Some of you are going to keep ******* him and he will be gone. Why not read his FREE advice and decide for yourself what to do. I dont think Jake has ever forced anyone to purchase anything (unless his products are part of the AHA).
Old 05-05-2014, 06:05 PM
MiamiC70
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TSMacNeil
Since you have your own website (which includes its' own forum/blog section) I think you should showcase your brilliance there. You suggest that you generate no business by being here, so this should be seamless.
If a guy wants to wade through your photos and videos they can...your website gets traffic and we aren't blasted by fear-mongering.
Win-Win
+1, great idea
Old 05-05-2014, 06:35 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
Some of you are going to keep ******* him and he will be gone. Why not read his FREE advice and decide for yourself what to do. I dont think Jake has ever forced anyone to purchase anything (unless his products are part of the AHA).
agreed...best advise

Quick Reply: LN engineering single to dual row IMS