Sponsored by:

996 vs. E65/66

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 02:46 AM
fanny bay r1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
If you want a RELIABLE luxury car, you have to stick to Acura/Infinity models. Test drive RL from 2005-2008, it is the THE most reliable luxury car on the market (consumer reports: October 2010, the Acura RL was named by Consumer Reports [55] as the most reliable new car among luxury sedans). Extremely undervalued car and offers phenomenal reliability and technology for the money you can get them. Once my TL gets to 300k miles, I will buy the RL for a daily driver.

If you stick to the facts, Honda makes THE most reliable engines on the market. They perfected their NA I4 and V6 motors to the unbelievable levels. They never bothered with much FI, they stuck to the high revving, small displacement I4 and V6 motors for the last 20 years. It has paid off. Personal experiences aside, statistically you are almost guaranteed to get a Honda/Acura that is reliable when compared to European brands.

Servicing is also much more DIY friendly on the Honda cars, and infinitely cheaper than on the Germans. My Acura 3.2 V6 makes almost the same power as 996, takes 1/2 of the oil and does not require any special fluids. All fluid changes can be done without even jacking up the car. Go Walmart, get all fluids for Honda for $100, change them in 1 hour, drive happily for 10k miles, rinse and repeat.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/01/war...uks-least.html
I couldn't agree more, I will be replacing my old er TL winter car with an 06-08 RL shortly, by far the best value luxury sedan on the market, In Canada you can get this $65K new car with 45,000 mile for right around $16K in near mint condition!!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:56 AM
Spokayman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

As several posted above, I too believe that Acura makes very reliable vehicles and the car magazines indicate that in general they handle more sportingly than other Japanese makes. I know that's a broad statement and is not necessarily true of all models, but it's been my experience.
Lexus too makes a great road car, the LS sedan.
It's hard to beat the looks of the Jaguars tho.....beautiful cars.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:46 AM
KoB
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an Infiniti M35x for about five years and thought it was about as good as a mid-level luxury sedan could get. Comfortable at seemingly any speed, really surefooted in rain and snow, and dead solid reliable. Literally, zero maintenance outside of the regular schedule. I needed a SUV so I traded the Infiniti on an Acura MDX, which has also been rock solid. As much as I like the idea of a BMW or Mercedes Benz, the reliability/durability of the Japanese luxury brands is pretty hard to ignore.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:58 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hard to argue that the Japanese make the most reliable options. The TL-S, IS250, TSX, and G37 can be had with a stick, big bonus in my book.

Quick Reply: 996 vs. E65/66