Sponsored by:

Oil Choice

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:20 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations

But this one is the real downer. Hmmn, what could that be?
Originally Posted by Howaboutthat
Care to enlighten for the uninitiated (me!)?
No, his MO is to post scary pics and let the lemmings here(of which there are many) come to their own conclusions. A great analogy would a proctologist dive bombing social media with pics of **** cancer without explanation(except to make it known that he, the poster himself, is indeed a proctologist) and letting the majority of viewers come to the conclusion that they will inevitably develop a$$ cancer.

JR, do you even know definitively the oil that was used in your photos(not to mention the oil that was used in this particular car over its lifetime)??? Are you saying this can be expected by using a certain brand/weight of Porsche approved oil...because if so, I'm sure many of us here would love to know which oil you are signaling out here.

What BS...I know for a fact most owners who remove the sump plate of their 996s DO NOT see this type of thing. Halloween is over, keep these scary bullsh*t pics to yourself...

If you have any credibility at all, it is diminished by your incessant scare tactics. You know damn well these photos are NOT the norm, yet you post them in a pathetic attempt to scare owners here and promote your business. This is reprehensible IMHO.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:53 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,401 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Watching.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 AM
tokyopav
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Watching.
+1
Old 11-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,380 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by narkose
I'm sorry - didn't see a suitable "SEARCH" hit. New to the marque - nice intro
thats a blatant lie.

You didn't find a search hit about oil? come on.

not to mention...there is your owners manual.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
No, his MO is to post scary pics and let the lemmings here(of which there are many) come to their own conclusions. A great analogy would a proctologist dive bombing social media with pics of **** cancer without explanation(except to make it known that he, the poster himself, is indeed a proctologist) and letting the majority of viewers come to the conclusion that they will inevitably develop a$$ cancer.

JR, do you even know definitively the oil that was used in your photos(not to mention the oil that was used in this particular car over its lifetime)??? Are you saying this can be expected by using a certain brand/weight of Porsche approved oil...because if so, I'm sure many of us here would love to know which oil you are signaling out here.

What BS...I know for a fact most owners who remove the sump plate of their 996s DO NOT see this type of thing. Halloween is over, keep these scary bullsh*t pics to yourself...

If you have any credibility at all, it is diminished by your incessant scare tactics. You know damn well these photos are NOT the norm, yet you post them in a pathetic attempt to scare owners here and promote your business. This is reprehensible IMHO.
Keep pissing on the one guy who is making efforts to improve the engine in your vehicle. Brilliant.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:53 AM
narkose
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
thats a blatant lie.

You didn't find a search hit about oil? come on.

not to mention...there is your owners manual.
What I didn't see was a thread specifically dealing with the recommended choice of oil in regions that get real winter weather!!

As for the manual, take a look at the scanned page and you will notice it doesn't mention 0W oil anywhere!!!
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2013, 09:57 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Keep pissing on the one guy who is making efforts to improve the engine in your vehicle. Brilliant.
Don't bore us with your nuerotic/idiotic comments...if I have a wardrobe question I'll be sure to seek your counsel.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:16 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Gotta invite my wife to tune in on this soap opera instead.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:25 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,401 Likes on 2,513 Posts

What's the over/under on page count for this one?
Old 11-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Don't bore us with your nuerotic/idiotic comments...if I have a wardrobe question I'll be sure to seek your counsel.
You may even be dumber than I thought. Jake raby is pretty much the only hope you have for aftermarket support for your flawed platform. If you'd rather have new owners be unaware about the potential failures, then you may not only be dumb, but also an *******.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by narkose
What I didn't see was a thread specifically dealing with the recommended choice of oil in regions that get real winter weather!!

As for the manual, take a look at the scanned page and you will notice it doesn't mention 0W oil anywhere!!!
It ain't rocket science. A 5w and 0w are going to act almost identically at say temps above 10 degrees F. Run 0w-40 or 5w-40, either is fine.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:17 AM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Some interesting reading on this subject from one of the folks that developed the IMS replacement procedure:
http://www.lnengineering.com/oil.html
Old 11-05-2013, 12:00 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Old 11-05-2013, 12:41 PM
pesuazo
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts

I use a cocktail of Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 5W-40 and Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-40.......

Why?

Because I am the self-professed oil expert for my cars......
Old 11-05-2013, 12:54 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

You may even be dumber than I thought. Jake raby is pretty much the only hope you have for aftermarket support for your flawed platform. If you'd rather have new owners be unaware about the potential failures, then you may not only be dumb, but also an *******.
Really??? Once again with the petty insults, you never have anything of substance to add so like a little kid you resort to name calling. I think most of us on here are smart enough to see who the real dumb ******* is in the room.

Besides, what does any of this have to do with JR posting pics of an engine full of sludge(without explaining the pics) in response to an owner asking what type of oil he should use.

Quick Reply: Oil Choice