996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cold air upgrade/K&N intake system

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Slopeslider
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the Fabspeed Compeition carbon fiber intake (dry filter) and have had no issues and it sounds amazing, especially at WOT. I'm under no allusions that it adds the amount of HP advertised but it certainly hasn't degredated the power either. It has noticeably improved throttle response. Worth the price of admission from my experience. if you are considering going with an intake I would recommend this one for looks, sound and suttle performance improvement.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

PFBZ's system looks like mine. I have a Fabspeed exhaust, and my setup is very similar (except mine's red, and looks orange in the pix):

11 to 23 HP increase...... um... sound like a pile of marketing crap to me. I haven't dyno'd my system yet, but I find it VERY hard to believe that there is an 11 to 23 HP increase, and I installed the entire Fabspeed Performance Package, from headers to exhaust tips. One of these days I will get it dyno'd. Sounds GREAT though. Not too loud at all under "normal driving", and good notes at higher RPM/ throttle.

My system:
Attached Images    
Old 09-07-2013, 12:11 PM
996_C4S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Slopeslider
I have the Fabspeed Compeition carbon fiber intake (dry filter) and have had no issues and it sounds amazing, especially at WOT. I'm under no allusions that it adds the amount of HP advertised but it certainly hasn't degredated the power either. It has noticeably improved throttle response. Worth the price of admission from my experience. if you are considering going with an intake I would recommend this one for looks, sound and suttle performance improvement.
+1 on the Fabspeed competition CAI. I, English major, installed it myself in about an hour. No CEL, no MAF issues. Great sound, great throttle response.

Quick Reply: Cold air upgrade/K&N intake system