Sponsored by:

Dome / Courtesy Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 10:48 PM
sjg1138
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Dome / Courtesy Light Problem

My courtesy light will not come on when a door is opened (either door). Before I get the "your bulb is burned out" replies, let me give you a few tidbits of information...

1) When the three-position courtesy light switch is in the left/off position it stays OFF
2) When the courtesy light switch is in the middle/switched position, the light does NOT come on when a door is opened
3) When the courtesy light switch is in the right/on position, the light comes on
4) the Windows go up and down properly (slightly) when the door handles are pulled ( to provide clearance ) and the doors are closed
5) if the Main Light switch on the dash is turned one position clockwise from Off, and the Courtesy switch is in the center position, the Courtesy light will come on when the door is opened.

I believe the Alarm module may have been replaced in the car at one point. I believe this may be relevant as I think the ACM may control the Courtesy light...

Any ideas?
I found some old threads but no solution...
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...tell-me-2.html

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:55 AM
sjg1138
Burning Brakes

May have figured this out. Has anyone had a "Sports Car Handover" done by the dealer? I'm guessing that when the new Alarm system was put in this was not done on the car.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Take it into a Porsche place with the correct testing. Ask them to go into the Special Menu which deals with Sports car handover mode. They did with mine and the dome lights, gas door lock, all are working correctly now. The first time in 18 months of ownership[. A chap in the UK told me about it. It cost me less than $80 and Porsche in Lancaster returned the alarm module to normal car mode.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:41 PM
sjg1138
Burning Brakes

A big Thank You goes out to Sonnen Porsche on this one. They did a vehicle handover for me and all is well. It was even difficult with the various PSTs at the dealer to find the right menu option to fix the problem but it is done.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:54 AM
targa996
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn electronics - I think I'm going to trade for a 356 soon ...

Quick Reply: Dome / Courtesy Light Problem