Sponsored by:

2002 996, c4, cab driver seat jammed all the way back

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 07:33 PM
rysagreg
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 996, c4, cab driver seat jammed all the way back

Driver seat is jammed all the way back. Furthermore, the seat back is all the way extended back as well against the back seat. The hand lever moves up and down, but will not release the back of the seat in the forward position. I believe there is a coin stuck in the rail but im not certain. I can hear the motor but the seat wont move. It will not go in any direction or up and down. Fuse is good. Any ideas to get it un-jammed? I cannot access the rear bolts to remove the seat because its all the way back. Is there a manual release or any way to override the power seat control? I have the front two bolts out....
Old 07-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

will this help????????????

I actually got the Porsche mechanic to demonstrate this fix for me at the Porsche dealership. It is very easy to do, and it is not in the manual. Here is what he did (which I'd used the same procedure to program my seat memory to the key FOB several times now):

(1) Turn the engine on with the key FOB you want to program.
(2) Move the seat and mirrors to the desired position
(3) Press the "M" button and hold it down
(4) While holding the "M" button down, press the "key" button, then release the "key" button without releasing the "M" button
(5) While still holding the "M" button down, press the "1" button to program it to "1"
(6) Release both the "1" button and the "M" button at the same time

That's it. If you want to program your key to the "2" position, just repeat the procedure and push the "2" button instead of the "1" button.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:06 PM
rysagreg
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for responding. I have found this site very useful for almost any questions I have had with my car. I didn't think this was a programing issue, but I will try this later this morning and let you know if it works. Again, thanks for responding!

Quick Reply: 2002 996, c4, cab driver seat jammed all the way back