Sponsored by:

Question for those with Euro-style GT3 seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:50 AM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Question for those with Euro-style GT3 seats

Cross posting from 993 forum. Many 993 owners have the euro GT3 seats (pic below) installed for better support in the car. We have usually swapped over the seat belt receiver from our stock seats onto these seats. However, it appears too tall to me to allow proper lap belt position using the standard 3pt system as the belt typically goes over the seat edge, not through the hole. Which seems less safe to use on the street and for DE setup.

Can any of you post a pic of what the intended arrangement is for the GT3 996 seats and 3pt system? I am guessing the seat belt receiver is shorter, or perhaps always run through the seat belt hole.

Thanks for any help

bill
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

My seats have the belt receptacles look just like yours. The slot is for a 4, 5 or 6 point belt. I don't believe there is enough room to the put the receptacle in the slot for a 3 point and actually sit in the seat at the same time......plus it would be painful.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:17 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

It would seem that way but I just run it over the edge of the seat into the receiver. I do use the hole on the outboard side to route it towards its lower anchor point. Unless you are really really skinny, the belt makes contact even when you're just sitting there so I think it's fine.

Quick Reply: Question for those with Euro-style GT3 seats