Sponsored by:

C4S Rocker panel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 05:41 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C4S Rocker panel?

I'm looking, but I can't find a part number for the passenger side rocker panel for my 04 C4S.

Someone decided to kick a large chunk of built up snow/ice from the wheel wells and basically shatter a huge chunk of plastic rocker material from the back left side

Can anyone help me find this part?

thanks
sean
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 PM
dotframe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Isn't the rocker panel part of the entire rear fender? Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are referring to.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by seanmcr6
I'm looking, but I can't find a part number for the passenger side rocker panel for my 04 C4S.

Someone decided to kick a large chunk of built up snow/ice from the wheel wells and basically shatter a huge chunk of plastic rocker material from the back left side

Can anyone help me find this part?

thanks
sean
That really sucks!

Check here...Gaudin Parts Online

For what it's worth, I recently purchased stuff from them and not only were they very helpful and responsive to my inquiries, they were also the least expensive resource for OEM parts that I found.

I hope this helps.

-Eric
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Goldenwarrior1
Pro

Porsche P/N is 996 559 984 02 (G2X Primer) Porsche lists it as Sill but it is the right Rocker Panel. Left side is 983 02. Took me a little while but I found a pair of OEM sills on Ebay, new in the box for 200.00. I think the dealer gets about 500 each!!!
Cheers, Tom
Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Sorry...to clarify, I guess I'm referring to the plastic runner underneath the rocker. Whatever you would call that.

This bit:
Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Yep, I think we both knew what you meant. This link should get you closer: http://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/pa...agramCallOut=2

It's #2 in the picture below.

I would just call the dealer to make sure you get the right part for the 4S. I'm not sure if it is the same part on the C4 and C4S.

-Eric
Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Goldenwarrior1
Pro

Sorry...to clarify, I guess I'm referring to the plastic runner underneath the rocker. Whatever you would call that.

This bit:
Yep, understand... that's the part number I gave you and the same ones I replaced. Mine had been damaged by somthing similar.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM
seanmcr6
Pro

ok, thanks. The listing says it's an Aerokit part, "GT3 look" so I didn't think it was the same as the stock C4S or Turbo piece.

Any tips on removal/installation?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

ok, thanks. The listing says it's an Aerokit part, "GT3 look" so I didn't think it was the same as the stock C4S or Turbo piece.

Any tips on removal/installation?
I would call Gaudin (or any dealer) and confirm the part number with them. I manually entered a part number for my order (because I knew it -- I pulled it off of the part itself) and they called me to confirm it because they wanted to make sure it was correct noting that the Cab and Coupe had different parts (in my case).

The rocker trim piece itself comes off very easily...just a bunch of torx screws (T25?) and clips. If you have a trim tool or bone tool to separate the piece it would be helpful. Some of the clips push into rubber grommets where the trim meets the metal just below the door. Be careful not to push those little rubber bits into the frame. It's easy to do -- don't ask. Getting them out is a real PITA unless you just pick up new ones. Installation and removal is actually quite easy though.

-Eric
Old 05-06-2013, 01:47 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Thanks Eric!

Quick Reply: C4S Rocker panel?