996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Relocated spoiler switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 11:13 PM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope yours comes quicker than mine did. I ordered it April 16, took 6 days for the seller to ship it from Germany. Never received it. 2+ weeks later the seller finally shipped the replacement.

Good luck!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Cmanis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobs95. How did you do with your wire? Mine is on the left so I did not have an issue. I found that I needed to email the seller a couple of times as well.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:51 PM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Cmanus, I'm getting there. I spliced in extra wire, finished routing both cables and connected the shorter cable to the green terminal behind the instrument binnacle. Next step was to operate the spoiler to verify the LED on the switch lit up, but when I pressed the spoiler rocker switch on the kick panel the spoiler didn't move (so the LED didn't lite). I'll work on it tonight to see if I can figure out what's going on.

I did finish the switch install for the garage door opener mod--works as advertised.

Wausau 911, how did your install go?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
pesuazo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

I think I have a spare indicator/switch laying around that I would sale for less (including shipping)....if anyone interested....
Old 06-02-2013, 05:14 PM
bobs95
Rennlist Member

Cmanus, did you wire your switch to the green harness connector exactly as the instructions described? I triple checked mine to make sure it matched the instructions but after installation it isn't controlling the spoiler. The led lights up when I press the switch but won't lower the spoiler (it was in the up position when I started this mod). Before I connected it to the harness I made the connections to the kick panel switch and the new switch did control the spoiler--but after making the harness connections it doesn't.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Cmanis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobs95, sorry for the slow response. I followed the instructions for the green plug and thought the connection seemed loose. I then connected the rest to the switch by the fuse block. My switch works fine and lights up when the spoiler is up. It does not blink on the way up but I do not care. I would check your connection to lower switch.

Quick Reply: Relocated spoiler switch