996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

New to me 02 996 C2

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Randyg308
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Congradulations and good luck,great to be aware of the potential problems and fixes for our vehicles, this site can be invaluable when it comes to that,that being sed it's also important to take some of the threads with a "grain of salt" the gloom and doom reported about IMS and the M96 engines are greatly over blown.im not sure of your situation,wether or not you needed this repair(was there a leak etc?)true you now can relax knowing the repair is complete.i guess my point is you may have jumped the gun based on the things you have red here about the infamous IMS issues,I can tell you that your going to love your new wheels! These cars are built very well and with the proper maintenance you will be enjoying for a long time.Now good luck and try not to catch the Porsche upgrade fever! That a slippery slope $$$$$$$$ hahaha.......
Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Diemsea
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tnuvo
Congrats on the very nice looking new toy! If you haven't done so yet, join us in the PNW region of the PCA. We have a lot of activities and people to enjoy, and the new season is just getting started. Perfect time for your aquisition! Also check out our Facebook page for additional involvement in our community.
Yes, I plan to check out PNW PCA and hopefully get involved. Thx for the post.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Diemsea
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz

Feel free to PM if you want any more info on how I did mine.

If you used the stock Becker CDR-220, it would be pretty loosely integrated with the iPad. You could use the audio output directly from the ipad, add a aux input to the becker, and power the ipad completely separately. Not the best setup for sound quality, and you can't control anything but volume with the radio controls.

An aftermarket radio with good Apple integration (Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS for example) will allow you to 1) Power and charge the ipad directly from the head unit, 2) use the lightning USB connector to feed a digital audio signal to the head unit, 3) control music either from the head unit or the ipad. Plus the audio quality of the Becker head units is pretty marginal.

I'm not familiar with the pre-MOST bose amp, but I assume you can use the line level outputs of an aftermarket deck and connect to your existing amp/speaker setup if you don't want to upgrade them.
Yes, I've been drooling over your iPad Mini install and will likely do this soon. That was an epic post! Thx for the input on tradeoffs between CDR-220 and aftermarket options.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that has to be one of the best 996 911's I've seen. Well done!!!

Quick Reply: New to me 02 996 C2