Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Another long term lurker, recent Porsche owner intro.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
Local Porsche dealer wanted $72 for a pair of wiper blades! I didn't even bother asking if that's before or after our 13% tax.....

Since you are going to be in Oregon, you might as well take advantage of their zero state sales tax, and pick up a few other things, such as the water pump, which probably could use a replacement due to age and the plastic impeller.
Yeah but don't forget to report the "Use Tax."

* Disclaimer - Please consult your tax or legal professional to verify the laws in your State...
Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 AM
red996
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
Local dealer wanted $72 for a pair of wiper blades!
I didn't know you owned a Ferrari?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:28 AM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by red996
I didn't know you owned a Ferrari?
Actually I wouldn't need the wiper blades if I owned a Ferrari, 'cause the car would never see a drop of rain, and I would be proud of how little I drove my Ferrari when talking with other Ferrari owners of the like!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:39 AM
peterbigblock
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist and to Porsche ownership (both are two-syllable words, by the way). Love the silver, that's my second favorite behind black (which my C2 Cab is).

As for Ferrari, I have a friend and long-time Porsche-phile who recently contemplated buying a 458. After spending some time on the Ferrari boards, where they're all talking about polishing their previous polish job and checking relative humidity to see if they can take the car around the block, he decided to stick with a real car and a real car-owner group. (He's buying a 991 S, I believe.)
Old 03-21-2013, 05:08 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Freakhead
Bought my 996 in December and promptly put her to bed for the winter. Hope to get her out next week, as the snow gradually melts here in Central Alberta.

Visited the Porsche factory in 1986 as a young man and swore one day I would own one, and just before Christmas 2012 it happened.

2000 996, one owner, local car with 30000km

Don't have major mods planned, only some minor ones and no performance related ones.

Did the iPod cable add and have a Kuda mount on the way. Other than that looking at the spoiler switch relocate & garage door switch integration.

I might put some new rims on and have that debate daily with myself.

Anyways when I was looking, reading this forum was a wealth of information!

( trying to post from ipad, hope the picture attaches )

Congrats on the new Pcar, enjoy!!!

I love the look of the aero kit on the MKI cars...
Old 03-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Nedster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard, might be a little optimistic when it comes to the snow melting in Alberta any time soon, especially looking through the window at the moment (i wanna vomit). Looks like a really nice specimen. Congrats on the buy, and maybe we'll see you in the spring if you are around Edmonton. Cheers!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:53 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the purchase Freakhead !! I love the aerokit, would love a few more pictures. I would also consider a LED Lighting Kit. Hopefully spring is right around the corner, this year it seems to be dragging
Old 03-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist, nice looking coupe. You know, they do make snow tires. Anyway, always nice to see new 996 member.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 PM
ianl
AutoX

It was Soooooo tempting to take the car out yesterday, but back to winter today... Calgary, +10 degrees C yesterday, -14 by saturday. my first winter with my Porsche, and i have already learned not to look under the cover except when doing work on the car. perhaps i will get winter wheels and tyres for next winter....
Old 03-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Nedster
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ianl
It was Soooooo tempting to take the car out yesterday, but back to winter today... Calgary, +10 degrees C yesterday, -14 by saturday. my first winter with my Porsche, and i have already learned not to look under the cover except when doing work on the car. perhaps i will get winter wheels and tyres for next winter....
I could never do that too my 911, 'cause just like with many things, there is "RoW Winter" and than there is "Alberta Winter"
Old 03-21-2013, 08:09 PM
ianl
AutoX

Yes, many arguements going on inside my head. black ice, rock chips, salt, ice chunks from other vehicles, etc, etc. but to drive year-round would be so many more smiles.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ianl
Yes, many arguements going on inside my head. black ice, rock chips, salt, ice chunks from other vehicles, etc, etc. but to drive year-round would be so many more smiles.
Just don't let those "I cannot believe you don't drive your Porsche in the winter!" guys see your comment.

They will chastise you!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Not true. Even though I do enjoy my Porsche year round, that doesn't mean every owner should do the same. I love going up to the White Mtns. to ski, but when I drive my 99' coupe, I have as much fun driving there as I do when I get there.

Quick Reply: Another long term lurker, recent Porsche owner intro.