Received 149 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ivangene
loose spark plug (s)
+1
Old 03-13-2013, 08:54 PM
offshoreMM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll have to get the car back up on the lift within the next few weeks. I'd hate to think that a plug or plugs would come loose so soon after being replaced and properly torqued. It's a royal pain getting to the plugs on this car, but it's something that will need to be scratched off the list. As it is right now, with no cats and fabspeed headers/mufflers, the car is so loud that tracking down the source of the additional sound is challenging. I may, for the sake of everyone around me, and the environment, put the OEM cats back on....maybe......

The battery was definitely on it's way out, and I replaced it because I actually have no way of knowing when it was previously replaced (though it was at least 6 years old), and judging from the condition the car was in when I bought it, I figured it was better safe than sorry. The battery was basically flat when I first got the car. It would be dead after 24 hours in the garage, so I started driving the car a bit more. A few times the car needed a push/jump start, but then I got into the habit of driving it twice a week just to keep things oiled and charged. The car is a lot less 'sluggish' with the new battery, and the idle is a lot more consistent.

Quick Reply: Car Suddenly Became Louder, Lost Power