CERMA Lubricant

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 12:21 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
How one can expect to create a secure molecular bond between ceramic nano particles in oil when the temperature doesn't/can't approach anywhere near the point at which ceramic melts/fuses is beyond me.

If by your shop you mean an automotive repair shop do you really think any normal IC engine can run 100 miles with no oil after using this stuff? And 2 ounces, used in a previous oil fill for just 1200 miles?

Also, how in the world would any oil additive cure all the symptoms of the
"2004 Ford F450 6L diesel with almost 500,000km engine"?

Which brings me to this: Why do you need any testimonials? Reads like based on what you've done the stuff does everything but cure the common cold.

Use it in your P-car, and good luck.

A bit of advice: Do not let the engine run out of oil.
Again I have no technical background in this type of stuff, so ceramic's bonding point is beyond me which is why I ask here

Yes it is an automotive repair shop that I own, and no I dont see any IC engine running properly without oil. But the sales rep for this stuff says that it was originally developed for Military aplications. They say 2oz for small to medium gasoline engines, 4oz for big gasoline engine, and 6oz for light duty diesel engines

As for the 450 I don't know how it would improve the conditions, this is just what the driver reported. It doesnt smoke as bad, his fuel consumption has improved, and in this time we would have usually had to replace atleast 1 injector which we haven't. Why this is I am unsure again I do not have a technical background. But the way i see it (aka justify it) is if it creates a lining on the cylinder wall it could fill in any type of scaring it could prevent oil passing by and burning wich could be the original cause of the smoke. as far as fuel economy is it smooths out imperfections in the cylinder walls creating less friction points as the piston goes through stroke which would improve economy and power since there is less resistance.

I don't want to just throw it into my P-car before I get more info beyond the sales rep speil which is why I posted here

Originally Posted by targa996
Yeah - I'd want to see dyno run before and after adding the stuff - but highly unlikely it can permanently bond to the metal (or even if that would be a good thing)

Perhaps original poster can take the readings from a couple of cars he adds the additive too - but I still probably would not add it to a Porsche engine ....At 250K miles on my truck - how much more damage am I going to do anyway ? ......
I would like to see actual independent dyno results as well, but I do not have access to an AWD dyno which makes this difficult for me

Originally Posted by alpine003
Seriously, if the OP did a 5k Oil Analysis and put this stuff in the next oil change and did another oil analysis at 5k again, theoretically, if this stuff did provide some sort of advanced lubriction, we would technically see lower numbers on some of the metals.

Of course this wouldn't be 100% scientific since driving environment and other variables would come into play from one oil change to the next but it would be interesting to see if there were any significant differences.

If there was a lower amount of metals found, it would be interesting to see that 5k interval extended to 10k or 15k with the additive and see if metal levels remained the same as the 5k non additive oil analysis. Could also be interesting to see if TBN numbers were also affected.
This is actually not a bad idea. it is cheap enough that I may do it with the next vehicle we put it in, oil analysis before adding, oil analysis after first 2000km and changing it out then 5000km after the last oil change. We are doing it on 2004 Dodge 2500 diesel that has 50,000km on a rebuilt motor. I don't know when the next opportunity to try it in a gasoline engine will be.

Last edited by jordanturbo; 03-08-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

^^^ Wow this just gets better and better...
Old 03-08-2013, 02:01 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yongrun
]
Thanks, but I prefer to use Blackstone Laboratories for my oil analysis needs
Old 12-25-2013, 11:17 PM
DK570
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Any updates on this?
Old 12-27-2013, 04:45 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Well in my truck and shop vehicles the results seem to have been positive, never ended up using it in my P-car. ended up blowing the motor in my Pcar du to a D-Chunk in cylinder 6. Even though it did seem to have some benefits in my other vehicles, I am not sure that it is the best thing for a motor. Cylinder sleeves are meant to have cross hatching and this lubricant would theoretically get rid of it creating a smooth surface. I am not sure of the benefits of cross hatching but I figure it was there for a reason, and getting rid of it probably isnt the best thing.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:31 PM
marvan17
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys I know there isn't a lot of info on Cerma out there a buddy who has a Veloster Turbo directed me to the Veloster board. Stuff looks pretty legit. Here is the link: http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/v...ood-order.html
Old 01-13-2014, 11:06 AM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

ended up blowing the motor in my Pcar du to a D-Chunk in cylinder 6.
Say what? Dude when did this happen and how????
Old 01-13-2014, 02:43 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

You must be senile as you made multiple posts in my threads regarding it. I dont feel like wasting time re writing, maybe you can go re read
Old 01-13-2014, 04:15 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Hey, thanks for reminding me. Guess I am. Maybe there been so many I didnt recall yours.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
Hey, thanks for reminding me. Guess I am. Maybe there been so many I didnt recall yours.
Classy reply. Nice.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:08 PM
marvan17
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did just order the Cerma oil treatment and a 5 gallon bucket of the Cerma 5w40, I'll keep you all posted on how it does.

Last edited by marvan17; 01-13-2014 at 05:09 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

How it does what?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:30 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

According to the press it prevents any wear and blown engines. Tailor made for us I guess?
Old 10-16-2015, 10:37 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=jordanturbo;10277309]Has anyone ever heard of this Cerma Advanced Lubrication Tech? We recently became an authorized dealer at my shop and I am tempted to try it out in my P-car.

Supposedly it is an oil additive you, you add 2oz at the time of an oil change, run it for 2000km (1200miles) and change the oil again. Supposedly it is unlike most other additives because it creates a metal/ceramic coating on on your engine cylinder sleeves that will help your pistons run smoother (less resistance) which means more power and better fuel milage etc.

It was originally developed for Military use so that military vehicles could travel up to 100 miles while completely starved of oil. It was then developed for semi public use in racing applications with supposedly good results.

We have had it in quite a few vehicles now. Our Shop 2008 GMC 2500 Duramax with 235,000km. even though it was running fine, it really smoothed it out very quiet, it doesnt even shw any vibrations in the oil of our oil air freshener in it. We put it in our shop 2010 F-150 with 137,000km. Normally these trucks have issues with a 2 piece spark plug which tends to break. We changed them to 1 pieces but it always ran rougher/ sounded like a diesel, with Cerma, it quieted back down. My cousin added it to his 4.8L BMW X5 tranny which has problems with notchy shifts it also smoothed that out.

What impressed us the most was that we added it to one of the trucks belonging to our biggest fleet account. it was a 2004 Ford F450 6L diesel with almost 500,000km on it. it regularly tows 40,000+lbs for exteneded distances, it is a very worn engine, smokes like a bitch, doesnt have a lot of power, injectors pop all the time, missfires when cold etc. we added this, and it has been over 10,000km since we changed the oil after adding Cerma, it starts nice, doesn't smoke, has regained some of its power, and has been getting 10%+ better fuel milage

I am very tempted to try this in my P-car but am wondering how others feel about this? It has had awesome results in other vehicles, but they aren't Porsche's My engine runs pretty smooth, slight vibration at idle (I have changed motor mounts), it smokes a touch at start up when it is cold, but nothing to really complain about. I like the idea of what Cerma can do, but I don't want to doing any harm to my motor.

Here is a link to the product

There is a video on youtube with it being added to oil on a bearing test!

Last edited by stratocaster69; 10-16-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:21 AM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Does the Cerma work as well as the link?

Quick Reply: CERMA Lubricant