Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 895 Posts

Glad it worked!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:07 PM
dph928
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey I thought I'd share since it may save someone a bit of work. I was going to disassemble my door after seeing multiple threads on the door micro switches. My window goes down when interior or exterior handle is lifted but then goes back up when released, indicating the door open/closed switch is faulty. This is located at the bottom of the latch. Anyway I tried spraying a dose of wd40 down the bottom of the latch (using the straw attachment). Two hours later all working again!
Old 12-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KrazyK
It might be the regulator or micro switch. Does it try and drop a little or none when you pull handle? Does it go back up or not at all when you close door? Any extra noise when you lower and raise window?

Mine was just the reg on the pass side. Just changed it the other day. Watch Bentley video, take your time.............
I wasn't aware that there are Bentley videos. While I already have the large Bentley book, videos are always a bonus.
Can anybody point me to where I can find these online?
The following users liked this post:
Summerjack (08-08-2022)
Old 09-29-2019, 01:47 AM
Scott Troy
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2001 Carrera 4

Passenger window does not lower and raise. It does not matter if the inside or outside handle is used.

Key fob does not lock car. double beep occurs. Only the driver side lock locks with the key. 3 turns of the driver side lock does not lock the passenger door.

From this thread it seems like replacing the passenger door lock assembly. Might be all that is needed.

What else might be needed??? What about replacing - part # 996 613 126 00 M100

When looking for a door lock I read MK1 Pcar is the same as MK5 VW. Is this correct? Is the door lock 8 pin or 9 pin?

Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2019, 12:29 PM
jllphan
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Troy
2001 Carrera 4

Passenger window does not lower and raise. It does not matter if the inside or outside handle is used.

Key fob does not lock car. double beep occurs. Only the driver side lock locks with the key. 3 turns of the driver side lock does not lock the passenger door.

From this thread it seems like replacing the passenger door lock assembly. Might be all that is needed.

What else might be needed??? What about replacing - part # 996 613 126 00 M100

When looking for a door lock I read MK1 Pcar is the same as MK5 VW. Is this correct? Is the door lock 8 pin or 9 pin?

Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Post #8 above looks to give insight on diagnosing which mircorswitches are bad. I had a similar issue a while back on the drivers side and decided to bite the bullet and replace with an oem door lock mechanism. Given this part has the lion’s share of the microswitches and overall function, I just went with that and did not replace the door handle microswitch. It’s been a while, but as I recall my window would drop when using the outside handle, but was inconsistent when using the inside handle. Either way, replacement of the door lock mechanism (which also has several microswitches) fixed my issue. Hope that helps.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:56 AM
frederik
Racer

Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by dph928
Hey I thought I'd share since it may save someone a bit of work. I was going to disassemble my door after seeing multiple threads on the door micro switches. My window goes down when interior or exterior handle is lifted but then goes back up when released, indicating the door open/closed switch is faulty. This is located at the bottom of the latch. Anyway I tried spraying a dose of wd40 down the bottom of the latch (using the straw attachment). Two hours later all working again!
THANK YOU! Worked for me as well. My window didn't go down at all when opening the door (but it did open and close with the window switches) and the door lock light stayed on, so most likely the lock/unlock switches were stuck. A liberal dose of WD40 down the lock fixed it! Much better than removing the door panel etc.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:22 PM
PorscheSugarOnMe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where exactly are you spraying? Into the lock itself, or the gap around the lock, or...? My passenger side acts like yours and there's no lock on that side.
Originally Posted by frederik
THANK YOU! Worked for me as well. My window didn't go down at all when opening the door (but it did open and close with the window switches) and the door lock light stayed on, so most likely the lock/unlock switches were stuck. A liberal dose of WD40 down the lock fixed it! Much better than removing the door panel etc.

Last edited by PorscheSugarOnMe; 04-26-2021 at 03:26 PM.
Summerjack (07-14-2022)
Old 04-26-2021, 05:42 PM
frederik
Racer

Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

You spray into the lock when the door is open, everywhere you can. Operate it a couple of times and spray some more.

Worked for about half a year and then the problem came back, so eventually I did have to have the lock replaced.
Summerjack (08-08-2022)
Old 04-27-2021, 07:01 AM
Greenman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem on the passengers side door I replaced the door handle Micro switch 2 times and it wasn't the problem. It turned out to be the door actuator. Replaced it and that did the trick!

Quick Reply: Window Micro Switch