Sponsored by:

High flow exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM
robo_porsche
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default High flow exhaust

I have a 996 C2 2002 with a "sport exhaust" of unknown origin and I am thinking about buying a "high flow" exhaust. If I want to get some hp gain, should I replace the entire exhaust with a high flow exhaust or maybe I could just swap the cats (for 200 cell versions) to get almost the same effect?

So the question is, is it worth the money to replace the entire system? So, what is the difference between a sport exhaust and a high flow exhaust?

If I should get a high flow exhaust, how loud are they normally? Is it ok for a long weekend trip with the family? We also have some restrictions on noice on track days...

Somebody got any experience?

Robert
Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

you have to go all the way... free flow intake, headers, 200 cel cats and mufflers..... AND a flash. Thats the only way you'll notice a diff.... and only above 4-5000 RPM @ wot. If you have a "real" Porsche sports exhaust, you can always push the quiet button, so the family will be fine.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Robert,

Are you able to take some pictures under the car, so we can identify what you already have?

Are you not happy with the current sound/performance?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
robo_porsche
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Chris

I found some old pictures, I don't know if they are good enough...

Robert
Attached Images   
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Robert,

Looks like you have all stock components. Since you already have the PSE mufflers, I would first start with our modular X-Pipe with HJS 200 cell catalyts. I would also consider our Cold Air kit - both will offer higher flow and the increase in sound you are looking for, while still keeping the car docile while you are just cruising around.

https://www.fabspeed.com/996_GT3.html

We recently introduced black hoses to the cold air kit, if you do not want the red.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM
996_C4S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@Fabspeed
Hi Robert,

Looks like you have all stock components. Since you already have the PSE mufflers, I would first start with our modular X-Pipe with HJS 200 cell catalyts. I would also consider our Cold Air kit - both will offer higher flow and the increase in sound you are looking for, while still keeping the car docile while you are just cruising around.

https://www.fabspeed.com/996_GT3.html

We recently introduced black hoses to the cold air kit, if you do not want the red.
I have both of these Fabspeed components on my C4S and I'm very happy with them.

Quick Reply: High flow exhaust