Sponsored by:

2004 C4s Cab for sale - Seal Gray - low miles/new engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 AM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche87
I agree with Down South it will most likely have the larger single row bearing that cannot be replaced without disassembling the engine. However thats not really as big of an issue here and this bearing is better than the original single row. The new engine will not increase the value as much as you might think on the open market. Thats just the way things are out there. However the car looks really nice so you should get a premium for that.
the soon to be unveiled LN IMS Solution addresses single row bearings. Feeds clean oil to the IMSB. Voila.
New engine + new IMS Solution ... tough to beat... unless you buy 09 or newer.

Last edited by perfectlap; 01-11-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Sue Esponte
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I can't believe it. Okay, maybe I can....especially in light of the emotional rollercoaster you were on with it. I feel so bad about your experience and that the car didn't turn out to be everything you hoped. Good luck with the sale and best of luck with its replacement (even if it is for your wife!).

-Eric
Old 01-11-2013, 03:12 PM
kromdom
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sue Esponte
Wow, I can't believe it. Okay, maybe I can....especially in light of the emotional rollercoaster you were on with it. I feel so bad about your experience and that the car didn't turn out to be everything you hoped. Good luck with the sale and best of luck with its replacement (even if it is for your wife!).

-Eric
Might have been a record: crap hit the fan within the first 24 hours of ownership IIRC.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Goldenwarrior1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Down South
Supposely replacement engines from about 2006 on come with the updated larger, but not easily replaceable, IMS bearing.
I have an 02 C4S with a replacement motor from Porsche in 2006. It has the revised bearing which cannot be extracted without splitting the case.

Quick Reply: 2004 C4s Cab for sale - Seal Gray - low miles/new engine