Sponsored by:

Where to buy strut mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 PM
mrtoro
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Where to buy strut mounts

I am getting ready to install my new row 030 suspension from Gert at Carneval. Original plan was to reuse my strut mounts as the car has 58k.

However it's been cold in Denver lately and the car has old ship creaking sound coming from the front in very cold weather. Never before. I think this could indicate aging rubber in the strut mounts, correct?

Pelican has them at $230 per side. I replaced a few on m3's and mini coppers before and never paid that much. Mount is a mount, that price seems crazy.

Is there a better source for strut mounts?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 AM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sunset is a little cheaper. They skyrocketed in price, like double, over the last 2 years. Glad I bought mine (fsms and rsms) when I did (x73 ones for front, rears are all the same) them with my PSS9 install. The "old wooden ship creak" creaking may be them, but a lot of the noise is almost guaranteed not to be just those rubber parts, but the binding of the original tie rod ends. The TREs aren't worn, they just start to bind in the ball joints. Once I replaced all mine, total silence. I also replaced the strut bearings, which were relatively cheap, just to make sure I killed all the sources of noise. I could not find a cheap source of good ones like are easily available for BMW and Mini. Let us know if you find a source.

Quick Reply: Where to buy strut mounts