996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Where can I buy a X51 oil sump plate ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Prior to installing the X51 pan. I could go on short drives and get the tail out and have some fun and maybe get some full on hard braking stops in. The next time I started the car up I would get plumes of smoke at startup. Now with the X51 it never happens.
Though I can't say it helped at the track but I also tend to keep my oil level at max when I am at the track so that may also be the reason for the plume of smoke that happens after a session during startup when I am at the track.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 AM
BiteEmNBeatEm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EBS_Don
Tarett sells the unit we make which takes the X51 design and improves it significantly. They should have good stock on hand as we just shipped them several units. The new deep sump that LN is making features our baffle as well. Feel free to contact me direct with any questions about our products!

Don Weaver-EBS Racing
+1 on Don @ EBS and his products. He has been great help to me in finding my x51 intake manifolds and other parts needed for my build.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM
EBS_Don
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as fit goes, the original X51 baffle does have a few spaces and cutouts where small amounts of oil could move. Ours has a similar fit but we do install additional seals to help with this. Having small gaps at the bottom does not have a significant effect as there is a much larger volume of oil in the pan to worry about controlling!

Quick Reply: Where can I buy a X51 oil sump plate ?