Sponsored by:

Interesting documentary on Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Ericginpa
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting documentary on Netflix

Just saw an interesting documentary about pit bulls and breed specific bans. It was called "Beyond the Myth". It talked a lot about the breed and the owners being accountable and that the media seems to be fueling a lot of the hysteria. They sited a case in which a little girl was killed by her family's dog that wasn't a pit, verses a boy who was killed by a pit. There were 85% more articles written about the pit attack. It didn't go as much into the breed as much as the legal ramifications of breed specific legislature, such as Saginaw Mi. that now bans 10 breeds including dobies,German Shepards,rotts. I found it interesting thought I'd pass it along.

Ah jeez I just realized posted in wrong forum, admin if you don't mind I intended to post this in off topic. I apologize
Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 AM
ccaarmerciill
Rennlist Member

Just saw it a few days ago. It was a pretty good documentary without a doubt. I've rescued APBT's before, and actually have a 14 week old blue nose puppy right now. My sister is a vet, and has been a long time put bull advocate. She's rescued many over the years... And she was the one that got me hooked on the breed. It's amazing how smart, loving, and their "need to please" their owners is. With few exceptions they are great dogs, despite what the media portrays. Unfortunately our country listens to everything we see on the news as 100% truth. It's pure ignorance when I hear about people's fear of the breed.

Here's the new pup Koa... She's a little bigger now. (about twice the size of our cats) but they still seem to "dominate" her when they play around.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:26 AM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've rescued many pit bulls over the years from shelters and negligent owners. Among all breeds I have dealt with for rehabilitation, pit bulls were the fastest to adjust to the new and right environment. They were always "pet bulls" for me. The best breed hands down. The pit bull hysteria was a genocide for anything that looked like a "pit" I'm glad the hysteria sort of calmed down, but the back yard breeding of these amazing dogs is still overwhelming the shelters. Rescue, don't breed or buy puppies!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Ericginpa
Banned

I've got two rescues myself. My male is full am staff,abuse case, and my female is likely boxer Pitt mix.that am staff is the most intelligent, faithful animal I've ever seen. He's is my first bully breed and 11 years later I can't imaging having any other breed. I couldn't get over how irresponsible the media is in reporting the "facts" about the breed and the collective ignorance of town councils and such. The other thing found ineterest ing is the way the CDC tabulates their stats.

Oh btw that a beautiful pup up there ccaarmerciill,congrats
Old 12-24-2012, 06:21 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

You may as well be on the correct forum if you change the name Pit Bull to IMS. Not all IMS will fail, only a very very very low percentage lol.

Quick Reply: Interesting documentary on Netflix